golden dojo help very sick

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Fishwife

golden dojo help very sick

Post by Fishwife » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:19 am

we lost our power for over a week during an ice storm i managed to keep all 20 of my tanks ok and lost nobody but now after a week with no filter or heater, or clean water, i expected some problems may arise in the near future we got our power back yesterday and i awoke this am to my golden dojo with holes in her body behind her dorsal im to the conclusion it is a bacterial thing, and i bought furan2, but my questions are this....has anyone else had this i there dojo? is furan2 safe for her? and my other loo ok, but i found a tiny red dot on the side of one should i treat all three of them? just in case?

thank you if you can help please let me know
http://www.bigfishcampaign.org/ .... Don't buy colored or tattooed fish! Let your LFS know you won't stand for it.

The Angry Loach

Re: golden dojo help very sick

Post by The Angry Loach » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:17 pm

I would treat any fish showing symptoms and demonstrating strange or odd behavior. I've not had anything like this, but I've never owned dojo loaches. I wanted to, but different story for a different time. I find this very strange, since another user posted the very same thing very recently. I think you two ought to contact one another and see if there are any similarities in water conditions or even the regions you two might live. I can do nothing but assume that perhaps it has something to do with acidity from either the water or from inside of the fish's stomach. I'm not really sure where the stomach on these fish really lays, so I can't say for sure.

http://forums.loaches.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25100
I liek feesh. And yes, I drew that xD