PraziPro and Kuhlis

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

gronlaura

PraziPro and Kuhlis

Post by gronlaura » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:09 pm

I believe this is my first post - hi all!

I will be getting my first kuhlis in the next few weeks - 8 loaches to reside in a 29 gal with 16 harlequin rasboras. I always treat my new fish with PraziPro and all my tanks every 6 months as a preventative. The 29 gal will be due for it's 6 month treatment at about the time the kuhlis will be transferred from the QT. Is PraziPro okay to use with kuhlis? I am so excited about getting the them, as I have been looking for the right bottom dweller to go with my top-dwelling harleys for a while.

Butterfly

Re: PraziPro and Kuhlis

Post by Butterfly » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:51 pm

I love kuhli loaches! We have five of them here :) I am not in the same school of thought with regard to treating every six months or treating new fish - I generally just QT new fish for about 2 months. But, again, this is a school of thought, I.e. Personal approach. I have kept loaches for over three years (including weathers, kuhlis, and zebras) and any time I have had to dose with meds, I always use, at most, half of the recommended dosage. Have your kuhlis arrived yet?

gronlaura

Re: PraziPro and Kuhlis

Post by gronlaura » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:38 pm

Thanks for your reply. Haven't arrived yet. They are still in quarantine at the supplier.