clown loach with pimple?

This forum is for all health-related questions on Loaches and other freshwater fish.

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Goodgardenpeas28

clown loach with pimple?

Post by Goodgardenpeas28 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:35 pm

One of the clown loaches in our 75gal presented with a small pimple or growth above his right eye. It was small, about the size of a pinhead and greyish in color. We were treating the tank for ich at the time. It's been about six months (I'd have been more proactive but it's my mom's fish and was told not to mess with him) since the growth first appeared and it is now a sizeable protrusion from his head, oval in shape and roughly 2-3 mm. We've treated for ich with Kordon Ich Attack (we have shrimp which limits what I can treat with). Water parameters are good, but not ideal for clown loaches. Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate all below 5ppm, pH is 7.8. It's a heavily planted tank so that helps. So I have two questions: any thoughts as to what it is? And any thoughts as to treating it (considering I have shrimp)? Any feedback would be appreciated. This is a video of him- not sure if it's clear enough to see but I'll try to add pics of the growth at some point. Https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pSQzHfipayg

Diana

Re: clown loach with pimple?

Post by Diana » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:31 pm

If it has lasted this long, I would suspect something slow growing like Lymphocistus.
Another possibility is a tumor.
38 tanks, 2 ponds over 4000 liters of water to keep clean and fresh.

Happy fish keeping!