My filter

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Tinman

My filter

Post by Tinman » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:32 pm

This is my sump and main filter for my system.I keep mainly Loaches and is designed as such with several large groups of Dithers . It is flowing 140 US gallons per minute.I also run Rena Cannisters,Fluvals for surface aggitation,a Turbo Twist 36 watt UV and several sponge set-ups with air.The pump is a 2hp Pentair and about 600 watts of light. I am entirely automated .I am hoping to upgrade to Turbelle pumps and lose my Fluvals soon.

This is my "backside" with my specie specific 55 Syncrossus Helodes tank visible and my 10 neon fall tank on top. A 70 is on the back towards the filter and sump

These are my specie specific 55 Botia Almorhae set up center and my 55 Yasuhikotakia Modesta top left each with about 15 small 1"-2" specimens and my Weathers lower left.

Here are 3 Clowns named Left Spot, Right Spot and No spot with their "Posse" of Dithers and the bird Chico announcing the arrival of my Wife home....and Dinner :D

chefkeith

Post by chefkeith » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:47 pm

Cool sump.
What's the total volume of all the tanks ?

Very nice clowns too.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:25 pm

1200 Gallons . There are 4 tanks on the face that make it an Ell of 27 feet. 10 Tanks total .

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:20 pm

Superb! Thanks for sharing this with us. 8) But where is the commentary (and I don't mean the bird)?! Don't be shy now!

The clowns in particular look fabulous.

Emma

P.S. Don't forget you promised me and Hels some pics of Chico over on the OT sometime. :wink:
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:10 am

Commentary? I am not as intresting as Mick and Martin... :oops: I thought the sound of the water much more intresting although the pump seems louder on the vid than in reality....

I will take some shots of Chico. I was thinking of that as I was getting yelled at.....

Thank You guys for the nice comments. :D

mickthefish

Post by mickthefish » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:27 am

love the tanks, love the fish, love the filtration works.
hate the bird, stuff it it makes less noise then.
hahahaha

mick