New tank

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Whitey_MacLeod

New tank

Post by Whitey_MacLeod » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:15 pm

A few weeks back my kubotai and garra tank developed a leak in one corner. Money's a bit short at the moment, but I managed to get hold of a drilled and divided 4 foot shop tank cheap. It's been a bit of a scramble trying to get it set up, and I still need to make a hood for it, but I moved the first fish into it today- the four P. stoliczkanus from the cheni tank.
I'd like to give the tank a month or so to mature before adding more fish, but my kubs are currently in a 20g hex with no room to swim, and clearly massively stressed out, so I'll be adding them fairly soon. I saved all the media from the external filter- it's dived between the kub and garra tanks- so i should be able to avoid a cycle.

With substrate and manifold installed:

Rocks and wood added:

With plants scavenged from the cheni tank:

Needs more plants:

Fish:

And on an unrelated note, my cheni juveniles are growing well. Haven't seen any spawning for a long time now though:
Fast and bulbous!

mickthefish

Post by mickthefish » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:41 pm

the tanks looking good mate, love the stoliczkanus ive got one old boy left.
the cheni are sweet as well i picked up 9 myersi yesterday nice but would have prefered the cheni's instead.
it will look great when the lights on it.

mick