Small brown fish

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

LES..

Small brown fish

Post by LES.. » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:38 pm

Well seeing as i have been nagged for some more pictures i thought i would share these.

Many people when first seeing Pseudogastromyzon cheni will ask why anyone would want to keep such a drab brown little fish. And to be honest sometimes that is all they seem to be.
Allow me to introduce one of our youngsters.
If i have my figuring right this little fish is about 9 months old and about 1.25" SL.
So far just a small brown fish (-:

Well until that fin goes up!
This guy's fin colouring is just incredible.
Quite a show off for a little brown fish (-:

Jim Powers

Post by Jim Powers » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:30 pm

Now, I would never say that was a drab fish. :wink:
That certainly is a beauty!!
That's quite a dorsal.
I am interested to see how the young I have now will look when they mature. The parents have nice patterns but the dorsal fins, particularly of the female, are not as colorful as most chenis. I have yet to see the young's dorsals, but they have nice markings.
When my male recently died, I replaced him with a larger male with a very nice dorsal and added another female with a nice dorsal. Hopefully, I will get some nice young out of this.
Keep those great pics coming, LES!!!

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:04 pm

Yay! The nagging has started to pay off already! :lol: That is a great series of pics and a really beautiful little P. cheni. 8)

Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

MTS

Post by MTS » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:26 pm

With that face, I don't know how you could think of it as a drab brown fish even with the fin down. What a face! :)