Help re-homing clown loaches UK

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Fizz

Help re-homing clown loaches UK

Post by Fizz » Sat May 28, 2011 7:30 am

I hope I am posting in the right place!

Hi, I am new to this forum, but have visited frequently to seek information and advice and have found it invaluable. I currently have a 260l freshwater set up with 5 clown loaches. I live in a hardwater area and so use a tapwater RO mix to soften the water each water change. I have had the tank nearly 3 years and the clowns have grown significantly in that time.

After a great deal of agonising, I have decided that if I can find a suitable home for my fish, I will take a break from the hobby for a while. My husband is not well and it makes sense to sell the tank as I don't have the energy to keep up with the maintenance. Plus we might have to move and I just couldn't deal with that.

I have worked very hard to give my clown loaches an environment in which they can thrive. I am happy to re-home them for free, but would need to feel confident that whoever took them on had the knowledge and concern for their welfare that I have had. I am very attached to them and would want them to be properly looked after.

If anyone knows of anyone with a suitable set up in the UK and would like to re-home 5 clown loaches (all now about 3 to 4 inches) please let me know. I would need someone to collect them. This probably sounds really sad, but I won't let them go unless I know that they will be suitably cared for. I feel really sad about this. I live in the UK - in Hertfordshire (between St Albans and Luton).

If anyone can give me any suggestions or direct me to anyone or anywhere that could help - please let me know or PM me.

Thanks!

Sarah

iloveclowns

Re: Help re-homing clown loaches UK

Post by iloveclowns » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:52 pm

hi sarah, im fairly new to the site too,but not new to keeping clown loach.we have 4 tropical aquariums,one of which house a large school of clown loach,29 at present ranging from 3-8" and small groups of tetra/barbs that compliment their needs. we are always looking out for small groups of clowns to join our big group as we believe the more the merrier applies with these fellas.we live in milton keynes so not too far from yourself,and we have transport boxes suitable for clowns as they tend to burst even the toughest of bags. so if you still have your clown loach and wish to rehome them,just pm me or comment back on here,they would be a very welcome addition to our aquarium and will be as looked after as our own clowns are! also as we live fairly close to each other,if you would like to view my tanks first that is also welcome,so you can see where your clowns will be housed and the type of set ups we have ect
bye for now