YoYo Loach needs a good home (CA bay area)

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

silvia

YoYo Loach needs a good home (CA bay area)

Post by silvia » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:29 pm

Hi, I have a *beautiful* YoYo Loach, free to a good home. I have had her for almost 10 years now! Amazing. I used to have many more fish, some other YoYos, but the years have passed and now she's the only one left and I don't want her to be alone as I learned in this forum that YoYo Loaches like to live in groups of 5 or more. Do you have other YoYos? She (OK, I honestly don't know if she's a she or a he, but I've always thought she was a she) is really mellow and was always great with my other fish when in a tank with other YoYos and other types of much smaller fish.

Truly a gorgeous, stunning fish. Inquisitive, active, loves her hidey-hole, but always comes out to see us in the morning and says hello when we stop by. Really a special fish. She is very robust and healthy, has been in the tank alone for quite some time now (which I feel horrible about), so no diseases. She's about 4" long I would guess. Very nice markings, more patterned than sparse. A truly beautiful fish.

Ideally you have other YoYo loaches, an appropriately sized aquarium with appropriate gravel/sand for loaches.

Serious fish people ONLY. I will not consider giving her to anyone who isn't really into caring for their fish, thank you.

I feel bad about this, but I am no longer able to give her what she needs/deserves, as I am not able to get more fish (which she would like). We are moving off the grid to someplace really cold, she needs a better home and I would love to find her a happy home where she can once more be with loach friends.

I am in the bay area in California, perhaps you or someone you know is interested?

Thank you so much!

antwar13

Re: YoYo Loach needs a good home (CA bay area)

Post by antwar13 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:22 pm

Would you be willing to ship to North Carolina? I have a 150 gallon Loach Tank! Just thought I would ask.

Thanks,
Anthony

silvia

Post by silvia » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:39 am

Hi Anthony. Your tank would be a dream come true for my girl, I'm sure of that! However, I don't know anything about shipping a fish. Is it very dangerous or traumatizing? The cost of shipping is not really an issue (unless it's *really* expensive), as it is *very* important she go to the right place and I'm willing to spend money to see to that. I'm not the kind of person to abandon my animals so I want to make sure she ends up in the right environment. Can you tell me more about shipping from California to North Carolina? How long would it take? Roughly how much? What kind of precautions are there so that she doesn't get hurt or traumatized? Is it cruel?

So far I've only had one local person interested. He doesn't have other loaches so I'm checking to see if he'd be interested in getting more. I'm hoping to find someone local, obviously, but if I can't and if shipping is not totally cruel, I would definitely be willing to ship.

Thanks very much for your time and interest.

cider

Post by cider » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:13 am

hi , just sticking my nose in here, but Silvia, could you go to your local aquarium store and ask them to ship her to the person in NC ? seems this person already knows loaches and has a big enough tank , but I think more important here is the fact that this person knows them and would not be new to loaches. They do have certain needs and a keeper of loaches develops a ''feel'' sometimes when something is off or needed.

I do not know about your local aquarium store , and if you have a good rapport with them, but I imagine if I paid a few bucks, my aquarium store would ship for me....since they only ship in the 48 states and they know their stuff ,I would trust this method...that is how they get some of the special order fish and it seems a safe practice if done correctly.

hope she gets a great ,happy new home, whom ever you choose...good luck!

G
cider

silvia

Post by silvia » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:50 pm

Hi Cider, thank you so much for your advice and wisdom. If the general consensus here is that it isn't cruel to ship, I would be more than happy to. I definitely want her to be with a Loach person, in a good "home" with lots of space. I've had her for 10 years so I'm pretty attached and truly would do anything to give her what she needs/deserves. There is a decent aquarium store here, I will talk to them about shipping and see if they have any advice. Hopefully someone local will turn up in the next month or so, otherwise, I will definitely look into shipping.

Thanks so much. I am very grateful for this forum!

antwar13

Post by antwar13 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:11 pm

I don't mind paying to have it shipped to North Carolina. Just let me know what I need to do. Thanks for considering!

Anthony

silvia

Post by silvia » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:00 pm

Hi Anthony, I wanted to give you an update. We are still trying to find someone here in CA, but so far no luck. We are looking to relocate to WV, actually, which is right next to you. We will be driving out there once we find a place to live (could be 1-2 months from now) so perhaps we could bring her to you, maybe that would be less stressful than shipping her. We can run a simple filter off an AC adaptor in the car lighter.

But hopefully we'll find a good place for her here in CA. Someone just emailed me, has a 75 gallon tank with loaches but not other yo yos. Would this be good? Not sure if I have unrealistic hopes with finding her other yo yos. Any thoughts?

Will let you know if anything develops. Hopefully we'll find something for her locally, and if not, we can bring her to you when we relocate. Thank you so much for your time and interest!

silvia

Post by silvia » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:34 pm

PS: I have a photo of her but don't know how to post it on here. If you pm me your email addy I can send it. Thanks!

NancyD

Post by NancyD » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:48 pm

Have you tried a local fish club? I hear there are several in the general bay area. I just moved to CA & don't have any tanks going again or know any fish people yet, sorry. Good luck

antwar13

Post by antwar13 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:40 pm

No problem, just let me know! I was just offering to help! If you find a place in CA that will be fine. If not I still have the 150 gallon tank!

Anthony