what happened to my post????

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

DarrenMnaples

what happened to my post????

Post by DarrenMnaples » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:10 pm

i posted a question yesterday about tank mates for kubotia botia in a 29 gallon and it has been deleted.
This is really getting quite childish wouldn't you say so emma.
I know it was not you emma but do you have some type of athoreity around here.
Come on guys i thought we were past all of these BS games. Be a man and stand up. This is total BS i come here for ahelp and guidence and i get pooped on because i dont happen to agree with evrything people beleave on this site . I read a post the other day and this aulstralin guy listed his fish that where in with his loaches and he had 2 chocolet cichlids and no one said a word to him and even emma complemented him on his tank so whats up with that :evil:
Should have gotten a bigger tank !

shari2

Post by shari2 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:12 pm

did you ever hear the one about the pot calling the kettle black? :roll:

DarrenMnaples

Post by DarrenMnaples » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:23 pm

i dont delet peoples post or call them names just because i dont agree with them and i thought evry thing was ok after my last post supposable i was going to not talk about cichlids and loaches and everyone would leave me alone

i havent mentioned anything about cichlids and loaches

so whats up with that

Mad Duff

Re: what happened to my post????

Post by Mad Duff » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:26 pm

DarrenMnaples wrote:I read a post the other day and this aulstralin guy listed his fish that where in with his loaches and he had 2 chocolet cichlids and no one said a word to him and even emma complemented him on his tank so whats up with that :evil:
There is a little difference between your 29 gallon and Brian's (topline) 8x2x2.5, a few Clowns will be quite safe and happy in a tank that size with american cichlids compared to Kubotais with African Cichlids.

Pardon my honesty - I am a Northerner

14 loach species bred, which will be next?

DarrenMnaples

Post by DarrenMnaples » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:32 pm

excuse you for your ignorence but i would never put clown loaches in a 29 gallon my loaches are in my 55 gallon tank with my cichlids which there have been no problems and as far as evryones was concerned before it was supposable the water parameters not the space

the only thing in my 29 gallon are 3 kubotia botias and a rubberliped pleco

but again i excuse you for your ignorance

DarrenMnaples

Post by DarrenMnaples » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:35 pm

further more i can not beleave you people just asume things and dont even ask questions and then go around deleting peoples post and you dont even have a clue on what it is you are talking about
:evil:

shari2

Post by shari2 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:07 pm

so whats up with that
I guess what's up with that is that you must be pretty dense not to have noticed the difference between his tank and yours or between his knowledge and yours. Or between his humility and your lack of it. Or between the fact that he has learned stuff and you seem to have some kind of mental block that let's you think that nothing anyone else has to say matters if it disagrees with your opinion.

Why ask for our input if it really doesn't matter anyway? Do what you want.

Mad Duff

Post by Mad Duff » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:10 pm

DarrenMnaples wrote:excuse you for your ignorence but i would never put clown loaches in a 29 gallon my loaches are in my 55 gallon tank with my cichlids which there have been no problems and as far as evryones was concerned before it was supposable the water parameters not the space

the only thing in my 29 gallon are 3 kubotia botias and a rubberliped pleco

but again i excuse you for your ignorance
I take it by your original post that you are referring to when people where rather negative to your ideas/questions about homing Kubotai or any other Loach with Malawi Cichlids in a 29 gallon tank
I read a post the other day and this aulstralin guy listed his fish that where in with his loaches and he had 2 chocolet cichlids and no one said a word to him and even emma complemented him on his tank so whats up with that
I was stating that there is a difference in the size of the tank and the temperament of the Cichlids, at no point did I say that you were planning on houseing Clowns in a 29 gallon tank.

Pardon my honesty - I am a Northerner

14 loach species bred, which will be next?

helen nightingale

Post by helen nightingale » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:15 pm

if you genuinely do not understand something, please be brave enough to ask to have it explained. if you feel embarressed to ask in public, then please PM and i will try and help you.

moaning that your posts are being deleted will not help you very much.

it seems like your posts that involve keping loaches and cichlids together are deleted and those that dont are NOT always deleted.

if you really dont get why you shouldnt be keeping loaches with the type of cichlids you do, say so and stop being childish yourself. no-one would have such problems with your posts if you were keeping cichlids with water requirements closer to those of loaches, or with more compatible personalities. if you went on a cichlid forum saying that you were keeping lake cichlids in the soft low pH water that some of the loach species require, you would probably get a slating there. you would probably also get slated for keeping the lake cichlids that need a rocky environment in a densly planted or bare tank. this is the equivalent to what you are doing with your loaches. please learn some respect for your fishes needs.

if you buy another tank, and separate the loaches and the remaining cichlids, you may find that your posts dont get deleted so much. you will also gain yourself more respect.

DarrenMnaples

Post by DarrenMnaples » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:52 pm

the last post that was deleted i was asking for tank mates in my 29gallon with my kubotia botia there was no mentioning of cichlids or clown loaches just what would be ok in my 29 with the botias that was it so why would it get deleted

I would have to say honestly that on the cichlid forums i go to 85% of the people have clown loaches in there mbuna tanks and they all keep there ph around 8.0, so again we are just assuming and not asking or geting facts you people just have some towards of hatred towards me

And i do take your advice into cosideration, as soon as martin told me how unhealthy my substrait was for my clown i immedetly went from gravel to sand

also emma said 8 clowns was to many for a 55 gallon now i only house 5 so once again you people are just assuming things and not asking for the facts i have never been treated like this on any other forum i have visited and i muct say that it is terrably upseting that people in this world could be so ignorent :evil:

helen nightingale

Post by helen nightingale » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:31 pm

Darren regarding your question, consider rasboras, barbs and danios for tank mates for you kubotai. these fish are more likely to have similar water requirement and are less likely to hassle your kubotai. i have rasbora heteromorpha, rasbora dorciocellata and brachydanio rerio with my loaches.

have a look at this website.

http://www.danios.info/home.asp

please do not take offense by what people here are telling you. here you will find some of the world's experts on loaches, and you seem to ignore some of the advise you are given. maybe you should spend a little longer considering what you are reading before reacting?
I would have to say honestly that on the cichlid forums i go to 85% of the people have clown loaches in there mbuna tanks and they all keep there ph around 8.0, so again we are just assuming and not asking or geting facts you people just have some towards of hatred towards me
these people on the cichlid forums are quite correct to keep thier mbuna in these conditions. it seems you didnt understand my reply to you properly.
if you went on a cichlid forum saying that you were keeping lake cichlids in the soft low pH water that some of the loach species require, you would probably get a slating there.
i would not consider keeping mbuna in these conditions. if i was i would expect people to have a go at me.

just because some people think its OK to keep fish in the wrong conditions doesnt mean it is RIGHT to. please try and understand the difference.
i have never been treated like this on any other forum i have visited and i muct say that it is terrably upseting that people in this world could be so ignorent
i am sorry you think people on here are being ignorant. they are most likely upset that you are not understanding that it is wrong to keep loaches and cichlids together. when you changed from gravel to sand, that was good. where you went wrong then was not taking out the remaining cichlids when you had an ideal opportunity. you were given advice then. have you followed that advice? you have had similar advice on this site numerous times before. because people here have passion for their fish, they are quite entitled to be upset with you.

shari2

Post by shari2 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:43 pm

i muct say that it is terrably upseting that people in this world could be so ignorent
I agree. :twisted:

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:49 pm

Hi Darren,

I have been at the shop taking care of tonight's shipments, and have just got back, so I don't know who deleted your other post. I also do not know what the content was, so I can't comment on why it was removed. There are a team of moderators here on Loaches Online, and one of them must have deemed it either 'trollish', inappropriate, or repetitive.

With regards to Brian (Topline)'s aquarium. The cichlids that he keeps are Central and Southern American, which do best in softer more acidic water. The temperament of these kinds of cichlids is on the whole, much less aggressive than the African cichlids from Lake Malawi.

Helen has given you some excellent examples of tankmates that can live quite happily with your Botia kubotai, so I would recommend that you look in to some of the smaller species from these families. If you have any questions about these, feel free to ask away on the Freshwater forum.

Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

DarrenMnaples

Post by DarrenMnaples » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:49 am

Thak you emma :)

sophie

Post by sophie » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:43 pm

I agree entirely with Helen - not least on tankmates; I've got harlequin rasboras and leopard danios - though I wish wish wish they were kyathit - with yoyos and kuhlis. The rasboras make a nice staedy midtank shoal in contrast to the demented business of the danios at the top of the tank - though they do move through the water-column - and the the similar hyperactivity of the yoyos, especially at feeding time. fills up top-middle-bottom of the tank.

though I have to say I wouldn't keep any of them with chiclids.
sophie.
there is no them
there is only us

http://www.duckduckgoosestuff.co.uk