Skinny Desiese!!

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Hell Fire

Skinny Desiese!!

Post by Hell Fire » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:28 am

I took on a clown to add to my own young ones as it was not getting much food. It was in a tank with about 30 others, they were all the same age but this one was a lot smaller, they said and from what i saw as it was smaller (the runt like) it wasnt getting much food and being pushed out the way. I took it on with my other younf loaches to feed it up and add to my flock lol.
Unfortunatly he does look rather skinny and hollow now, hes eating but not fattening up. I really think its the dreaded skinny!!! Im going to treat with intenal bac meds. had anyone had experience with this prob before? After a few years of keeping clowns ive only ever had whitespot once so am not sure if the dose for this also needs to be halfed? Or how successfull it is at treating. Ive read up about it and some seem to recover while others unfortunatly dont.
Any advice greatly apreachaited!! Ive only had him 3days and the poor sods still in the Q tank!!! He muct be lonely with only a few tetras but he can see the other loaches and hear them.

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:41 am

Hell Fire

Post by Hell Fire » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:47 am

Thanks for that. I have cattel and sheep wormer as im on a farm but its not the same stuff. Do you think the Interpet stuff will be OK to use?

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:45 pm

Try and get some Levamisole. Over-the-counter meds from UK fish shops will do nothing to help loaches with Chronic Wasting Syndrome, despite any wild claims on the packaging.

Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.