Ready to show

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

shari2

Post by shari2 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:07 pm

rich, please don't feel that you are being held over the fire here. We are all just very interested and would really love to have enough info to try to replicate what you are describing. 8)

There is such a dearth of photographic documentation of clown breeding either in aquaria or in the wild, that for us it would be a real breakthrough to see some. We've (many of us) scoured the web for every possible story on the subject and have yet to 'see' the actual evidence for spawning, though there are several accounts of it. Forgive our skepticism. Personally, I believe what you saw sounds promising and I wish I'd seen it, too. I may have asked this already, but were you feeding live foods at all?

If they get in the mood again, please do try to get some pics if at all possible. And take copious notes, cause we are very interested in all the how's and what's and wherefore's of the whole thing! After all, if you can get them to spawn in your tank and pass along your knowledge then clown keepers here could try to do the same.
books. gotta love em!
http://www.Apaperbackexchange.com

rich

Post by rich » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:11 am

Food, yeah I forgot
I try everything, here`s what worked until now, but I have to add that not everything is taken at all times, like bananas, pieces of coconut, cucumber, noodles (isn`t that the word for pasta?), spinarch ( you know Popeye). Swimming food is sunken with stainless steel skrews.
Earthworm, northsea shrimps, calamari ( witout the fritti bit) live shrimps (neocaridinia spez. red cherry), moina macrocopa, daphnia duplex, red and white worm, artemia salina (adult), enchytrea, and so on,
Flakefood veggy and carni, discusfood made of turkey heart mixed with cyclops eeze.
There was no particulary food then, except that they took shrimps and calamari very well then, as they are doing now.

PS Merry Christmas to everyone whom it concerns, to the others sorry about the fuss.
rich

don`t grumble, give a whistle (Monty Python)