Cant believe it

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Dave_2133

Cant believe it

Post by Dave_2133 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:12 pm

I have just seen my largest clown swim past with one of my neon tetras in its mouth, they are usual pretty good together. :(

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:21 pm

It is more than likely that the neon tetra died first and the loach then started scavenging on the body.

Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:30 pm

Yeah! Or perhaps near deaths door with lying near the substrate.

LoachOrgy

Post by LoachOrgy » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:07 am

in two years i have only had my clowns eat danios and neon tetras. anything over an inch they won't touch. but mine dissappeared overnight when this happened. couldn't have been a coincidence that 2-3 would go missing in one night sometimes. after that i had to separate anything smaller than one inch. now i have cherry barbs with my clowns and i havn't lost one yet to a clown. so far it has been several months.
All your loaches are belong to me!

chefkeith

Re: Cant believe it

Post by chefkeith » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:20 am

Dave_2133 wrote:I have just seen my largest clown swim past with one of my neon tetras in its mouth, they are usual pretty good together. :(
Was the tetra still alive?
My tetra's sleep near the substate in some plants. Even when I gravel vac they don't move much.

Over a few month period, about 50 tetra's mysteriously disappeared in my main tank a few years ago. This was just after I introduced some new 6" wild caught clowns. It could of been health related deaths, but it's strange that I never found any dead bodies. I can usually spot and quarantine sick/weak fish weeks or months before they perish.

Dave_2133

Post by Dave_2133 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:56 pm

The tetra was already dead coz all the colours had gone in the tetra. But i couldn't believe it as they all were fighting over the body. I got rid of my last catfish as he kept eating all my tetras, and tetras are one of my favorite fish.