The Dream Tank Begins

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

The Skinny Chef

Re: The Dream Tank Begins

Post by The Skinny Chef » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:47 am

so i gave up waiting on my friend to cut the rock. i went out and found a nice piece of granite to use for now. whenever/if ever he finishes the rock i will re-do as i had planned to do. anyway here is the tank.

i have two seperate canisters running on the tank, one is just for circulation and is a filstar XP-M (rated for 55g) and the canister i have blasting on the granite is a Rena XP-L (or 3 not sure if there really is a difference{rated for a 175g}) i'm running 1,050gph through a 40g tank. against the advice of people here i have continued the community set-up i have been running, which includes white cloud mountain minnows, double red aggassis, Cory cats, Bamboo shrimp, and a few hillstreams. i have no plans to replace any fish as they pass on. in the end, this will be a speices tank, but for now it will continue as is has, as a community tank.

any way i am look for a few species of hillstreams to have in my tank, and i have no idea where i could find them, they are some i've never even seen listed through major suppliers.

Pseudogastromyzon cheni
Pseudogastromyzon myersi
Gastromyzon punctulatus
Sinogastromyzon wui (maybe they get kind of large)

not sure i want one more than the other, i guess i'll decide if i can find more than one.

The Skinny Chef

Post by The Skinny Chef » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:54 am

The Skinny Chef

Post by The Skinny Chef » Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:06 pm