Clowns less active

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

mary.burns3

Clowns less active

Post by mary.burns3 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:26 pm

My clowns are less active than usual for 2 days now, eating well and out about, but just pilling on top of each other at the front, instead of their boisterous behaviour. Tank has been stable for 2 years, no lights on about from moonstrip. I think their breathing is a little faster, so I added more oxygen, but no one hanging near top of darting for breathe. Any ideas? They are fed twice a day, one frozen cube of brine shrimp or krill or bloodworm and 2nd meal JMC catfish pellets or algae wafers/ veggies. They have grown well recently, tank has 15/20% water change every other day, which appears to have helped them to thrive until now. No nitrite and nitrate is between 10 to 15. Ph has been 7.2 for ages. Maybe I'm worrying about nothing as they are all out and eating. Mary

Mark in Vancouver

Post by Mark in Vancouver » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:50 pm

If they are eating and the water is stable, I don't think you should worry about it. The one thing you might try is adding more current to the tank - if you haven't done this already - by means of a powerhead.
Your vantage point determines what you can see.