Kubotai horror! (pictures)

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

connor

Kubotai horror! (pictures)

Post by connor » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:22 am

Hello *@*.

Well, this was akward. I just wanted to feed my fish when I noticed one of my kubotais sticking out of a bamboo tube with the male ancistrus next to it.

Background: This particular bamboo stick is usually used as sleeping "chamber" by all of my loaches .. until recently, when my ancistrus couple decided to spawn in it. Now the male ancistrus is guarding the spawn viciously.

I don't know if the kubotai tried to get to the spawn but obviously the ancistrus dind't like it. The loach was twitching wildly to get out but the catfish was sort of body-slamming it into the wall and wouldn't let go - the kubotai couldn't move. Notice the spines are out. It was trying to whack the ancistrus with them but it didn't help at all.

After shooting a few quick pictures I had to forcefully push the ancistrus back into the baboo stick to free the kubotai. :shock:

-Connor

'I ought never to act except in such a way that I can also will that my maxim should become a universal law.'

newshound

Post by newshound » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:08 pm

damn breeders! :shock:
drain your pool!

clownloachfan

Post by clownloachfan » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:08 pm

Wow, that ancistrus looks huge compared to the kub. Loaches are just really curious i suppose.
ImageImage
Clowns-6 is a group and more is never too many, providing the aquarium is large enough.

connor

Post by connor » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:10 pm

@clownloachfan

The kubotai is about 3 inches / 7.5 cm.
'I ought never to act except in such a way that I can also will that my maxim should become a universal law.'

Rocco

Post by Rocco » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:44 pm

Ancistrus: pesky fish, now what are you gonna do, huh? huh? bet you can't get out now can you? can you?!

Kubotai: HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPP!!! Blasted human, stop taking pictures and get me out of this!

Blue

Post by Blue » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:45 pm

Rocco wrote:Ancistrus: pesky fish, now what are you gonna do, huh? huh? bet you can't get out now can you? can you?!

Kubotai: HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPP!!! Blasted human, stop taking pictures and get me out of this!
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Oi Rocco! You gotta learn to love plecs as much as you do with loaches.;)
Passion for loaches + Passion for snails = Irony

shari2

Post by shari2 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:53 pm

Amazing pics Connor!

I'm betting he'll end up in the same situation again. 8)
books. gotta love em!
http://www.Apaperbackexchange.com

Rocco

Post by Rocco » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:30 pm

Blue wrote:
Rocco wrote:Ancistrus: pesky fish, now what are you gonna do, huh? huh? bet you can't get out now can you? can you?!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Oi Rocco! You gotta learn to love plecs as much as you do with loaches.;)
I have an albino bristlenose pleco, his name is sir crapsalot.

Plecs just aren't my thing.

ensign_lee

Post by ensign_lee » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:33 am

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :lol:

CONNOR: glad to hear your Kubotai's ok.