Are my loches happy

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

nowey

Are my loches happy

Post by nowey » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:06 pm

:?: I recently purchased 6 clown loaches and 3 Burmese border loaches. They are in a 125 gal tank with good water flow. They eat like pigs and their color is real bright. Sometimes they go up and down one end of the glass for an hour non stop! Is there a problem or do they like doing this?
Thanks
Tom

mickthefish

Post by mickthefish » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:12 pm

tom, thats what loaches are loved for.
only to get the owners worried. haha

mick

Rocco

Post by Rocco » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:27 pm

Yes, they do that, they also like to swim up filters, play dead, jump out of the aquarium, climb the glass walls, and other owner-stress inducing antics.

helen nightingale

Post by helen nightingale » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:29 am

mine also know that its me that they can get food from, so they pester me. they dont bother if i am at work in the evenings, they just loach about as normal when tom is about :roll: they are worse than dogs for looking pleading

MoonPye

Re: Are my loches happy

Post by MoonPye » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:54 am

nowey wrote::?: I recently purchased 6 clown loaches and 3 Burmese border loaches. They are in a 125 gal tank with good water flow. They eat like pigs and their color is real bright. Sometimes they go up and down one end of the glass for an hour non stop! Is there a problem or do they like doing this?
Thanks
Tom
I know it's a different species, but I have to tell you my kuhliis do that when I turn the tank lights off. I can see them by the light of the nightlight, just going up and down, up and down, up and down. I don't stay up all night to watch them, but it wouldn't surprise me if they continued till dawn. :lol:
~Monica in NEPA ~ We got Dojo Mojo!
Mom to 3 humans, one dog, one cat, and many fish