Been too long

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

mamaschild

Post by mamaschild » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:35 am

Thanks everyone for the kind words and support. I'm sorry I stayed away, but it hurt too much to really think about it and I avoided :roll:

I can only assume there was a domino affect in the tank. All the fish with few exceptions were large.....4" or bigger, most bigger. I can see how the heat/lack of O2 could make one or more fish pass, then the water starts to foul, and they all are affected. I have no idea how the Dojos made it through. Every tank I own was above 90 F. It's amazing that so many survived.

Fortunately I moved passed the worst of it and I have set the tank back up. I am now the proud owner of a group of 25 (11 which were born here) Tropheus Duboisi "Karilani", plus Synodontis Petricola....yep, I went to Africans :lol: I believe the Mama fish is holding again, also. She and Papa have been dancing a lot lately, and her chin is puffy (mouthbrooders) so we shall see :D

I still look at the tank and miss the Clowns, but I'm trying not to dwell. The life of the Tropheus really is wonderful to watch and a great medicine. I do still have a picture of the Clowns on my desktop, so I can "pet" Albert whenever I feel the need. I will not forget, and I will have them again.....just not right now.

wasserscheu

Post by wasserscheu » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:24 am

Sorry about that so special loss.
mamaschild wrote: ... I am now the proud owner of a group of 25 (11 which were born here) Tropheus Duboisi "Karilani", plus Synodontis Petricola....yep, I went to Africans :lol: I believe the Mama fish is holding again, also. She and Papa have been dancing a lot lately, and her chin is puffy (mouthbrooders) so we shall see :D

I still look at the tank and miss the Clowns, but I'm trying not to dwell. The life of the Tropheus really is wonderful to watch and a great medicine. I do still have a picture of the Clowns on my desktop, so I can "pet" Albert whenever I feel the need. I will not forget, and I will have them again.....just not right now.
Way to go mamashild. I´m proud of you - you seem to be quite strong.

It´s like nature, it can be cruel - it can be wonderful.
Wolfram

sophie

Post by sophie » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:31 pm

what wasserscheu said.
sophie.
there is no them
there is only us

http://www.duckduckgoosestuff.co.uk

rich

Post by rich » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:28 pm

I'm sorry for your loss.
Don't wait too long though, later you regret the time without clowns.
rich

don`t grumble, give a whistle (Monty Python)

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:43 pm

Albert now has a permanent place on the clown loach species profile page, as a memorial to such a beautiful fish: http://www.loaches.com/species-index/cl ... cracanthus

Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

chefkeith

Post by chefkeith » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:48 am

Whenever I use to see pics of Albert, it was a great inspiration for my loach keeping. He is greatly missed.