Been too long

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

mamaschild

Been too long

Post by mamaschild » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:58 am

I want to say hi to everyone and hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

I have not been around for a very sad reason, unfortunately....Over Labor Day, we took the weekend and went to the Grand Canyon. Left Saturday Morning and came back Monday evening. During that time we apparently had a MAJOR heat wave here in San Diego, and I lost the fish and the Loaches in the 125g :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yep, Marge's American Male Counterpart is no more :cry: :cry: I went through a real depression over this. He was more of a puppy then a fish, and I still look at the tank and miss him and the gang immensely. It took me 2 weeks to actually clean the tank, although it was immediately emptied and drained due to it's location in the living room. It hurt deeply to remove the bodies, but they were all gone by that time.

I literally avoided going into the living room for a week because I couldn't look at the tank....and a 125g is hard to ignore. It seemed so dark and empty in there :(

Anyway, that's where I've been. I still have Horsefaces and a couple Dojos, but no Clowns, no Kubotai, no YoYo, ...... I'm Loach short.

I have promised myself I will have Clowns again, but not now. That was too hard. After we move, I will set up a HUGE tank...THEN I will have more Alberts :)

Take Care everyone and I will pop in more often, now.

Thanks for reading.....even if you didn't read it all ;)

Martin Thoene
Location: Toronto.....Actually, I've been on LOL since September 1998

Post by Martin Thoene » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:13 pm

Oh gawd this is terrible :cry: I can only imagine how you must have felt. I was totally gutted when I had a filter blockage and lost around 12 adult Tiger Barbs and 3 Clowns including the group's Alpha.
Albert was one of those icons of this hobby as I'm sure you are aware so I'm sure that makes the loss even more heart-breaking.

I can understand not wishing to set up again right now. Best to take a breather. Do pop in here a lot because you can be assured of moral support.....we can all empathize with this.

:( Martin.
Image Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

starsplitter7

Loss

Post by starsplitter7 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:19 pm

I am so terribly sorry. I know your loss must be overwhelming. Take your time to overcome your sorrow. I am sure everyone misses your input.

I am still upset about losing one fish 2 weeks ago. I can't look at his cave.

Take care, Have a good Thanksgiving.

loachmom

Post by loachmom » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:27 pm

mamaschild,

I've been wondering where you've been. I'm sorry that you've been away for such a sad reason. I know you really loved those fish.

Take Care.

Jim Powers

Post by Jim Powers » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:11 pm

Sorry to hear about your loss.
Non fish people just don't seem to understand how we get all attached to our fish. You will hear them say " Its only a fish".
But rest assured that everyone here understands and feels for your loss.
Hang in there and don't let this turn you away from this great hobby.

shari2

Post by shari2 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:00 pm

Oh Shari, I'm so sorry to hear it. :cry:

I can feel it...
books. gotta love em!
http://www.Apaperbackexchange.com

Mark in Vancouver

Post by Mark in Vancouver » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:03 pm

What a drag. I would be a wreck!
Your vantage point determines what you can see.

NancyD

Post by NancyD » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:19 pm

Mamaschild I'm so sorry. Albert was such a neat fish. I always enjoyed your pics of him & his tankmates.

newshound

Post by newshound » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:43 pm

so sorry
it just goes to show how easy it is for things to go bad so quickly in a well mantained tank.
drain your pool!

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:22 pm

Awww no, Mamaschild, this is such sad news. :cry: :cry: :cry: Sending you e-hugs.

Emma

P.S. We've missed you here.
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

bob d

Post by bob d » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:54 am

My heart bleeds Mamaschild. That in the hand trust was truly magical, and IMO came about because of YOU. It will happen again. Meanwhile, RIP Albert, a fabulous loach and buddy.

helen nightingale

Post by helen nightingale » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:44 am

sorry to hear of your loss. i can understand why you hurt. at last you know Albert and the others had a good life with you.

all the best for the future

salva

Post by salva » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:39 am

Hi,

I'm very sad reeding your bad piece of news....

It's terrible, at least we have pictures of Albert to remember its good times.

I hope your tank is running Ok soon.

Salva

crazy loaches

Post by crazy loaches » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:54 pm

So sorry to hear. But something I thought was odd... that you lost your clowns due to a heat wave but not cold water fish like dojo? Is it because the dojo is just more tough maybe? Or was that in a tank in a cooler room? Just curious. And sorry again for your loss,

Rocco

Post by Rocco » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:52 pm

GAH! I'm sorry for your loss. That was such a great clown and it reminded me of all my past pets and made me think about the ones I currently have. I just now loachy heaven is a fun place though.

I love my kubs and my yoyos. funny characters all of them and I don't want any of them to die.
"Out beyond the ideas of right-doing and wrong-doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." -Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Balkhi-Rumi

"We dance around in a ring and suppose, while the secret sits in the middle and knows." -Robert Frost