Someones LFS

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Tinman

Someones LFS

Post by Tinman » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:55 pm

Heres a few loach related pics
Tinman and friends
Loaches galore
Eos
Emporers
:shock:
:shock: oh my do I love Blue Botia....

Keith Wolcott

Post by Keith Wolcott » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:19 pm

Wow! You're a lucky guy. Meeting Emma and Helen, and visiting the best lfs in the world! Great pictures.

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:56 pm

Helen, we need some platform shoes! :lol:

Thanks for showing the photos Tinman. :D You know I *might* have a batch of your favourite S. robusta coming in Tues night (you will have missed them by only a few days if they do turn up :shock: ). It's weird because I was only saying how rare they are over here, and then literally the next day, they turn up on one of my stocklists. So fingers crossed!
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

hyster104

Post by hyster104 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:12 pm

nice looking store you have there Emma. You appear to have more loach species in you store than I have seen in all of Massachusetts :shock:

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:26 pm

Helen, we need some platform shoes!
:lol: :lol: I am only 6'4"

Your store is perfectly kept and has the best quality fish I have ever seen .The filtration and care given to your finned friends is spectacular. The selection is unbelivable. Anyone buying fish on the Island or even the Continent would be very mistaken not to shop there even driving many hours to do it. You are so knowlegable and Steve is fantastic too. The care given far exceeds any other store I have EVER been too and it shows in every tank you have. It deserves all the accolades it has received and many more.I am sure there are not many people that have shopped fish all over the World like myself so these words are not fluff by any means.....All true......Fish stores are part of EVERY vacation I take....

And all that on top of you guys being so nice to boot.....a very rare combination indeed 8) :D

Mark in Vancouver

Post by Mark in Vancouver » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:45 pm

Emma Turner wrote:Helen, we need some platform shoes! :lol:

Thanks for showing the photos Tinman. :D You know I *might* have a batch of your favourite S. robusta coming in Tues night (you will have missed them by only a few days if they do turn up :shock: ). It's weird because I was only saying how rare they are over here, and then literally the next day, they turn up on one of my stocklists. So fingers crossed!
Emma, you just need to get your taller guests to stand in a trench of some kind.

Lucky man, Tinman. I wouldn't visit the UK again without a stop at Maidenhead. But I certainly wouldn't show up there with the ability to take fish away with me! That Syncrossus tank is a marvel.
Your vantage point determines what you can see.

Blue

Post by Blue » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:57 pm

Gosh! Emma's loaches are amazing.:shock: Now, I want more of them.:mrgreen:
Passion for loaches + Passion for snails = Irony

Rocco

Post by Rocco » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:44 am

I should never have looked at this thread. *cries*
"Out beyond the ideas of right-doing and wrong-doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." -Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Balkhi-Rumi

"We dance around in a ring and suppose, while the secret sits in the middle and knows." -Robert Frost

chefkeith

Post by chefkeith » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:52 am

Great trip indeed.

helen nightingale

Post by helen nightingale » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:38 pm

Tinman is more than a foot taller than me. i would have had to have stood on a chair to take that shot of the emperors, so its nice to see them at eye level here :lol:

Blue

Post by Blue » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:30 pm

helen nightingale wrote:Tinman is more than a foot taller than me. i would have had to have stood on a chair to take that shot of the emperors, so its nice to see them at eye level here :lol:
Call me blind but I never even noticed emperor loaches until you said it.:shock: I really love these guys.:mrgreen:
Passion for loaches + Passion for snails = Irony

Martin Thoene
Location: Toronto.....Actually, I've been on LOL since September 1998

Post by Martin Thoene » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:08 am

Great pictures Tinman. I think you'll have to agree that nothing quite prepares you for how good the shop is does it? I found it very hard to take it all in. I think it needs a few days spent in the store to really do that.
When I was there it felt like somebody built my dream fish store and then kicked it up a notch. It takes the profession of Aquatics sales to a totally different level.

Martin.
Image Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

newshound

Post by newshound » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:19 am

drain your pool!

newshound

Post by newshound » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:20 am

emma
once again Your shop is totally amazing!!!!
look at the size of your eos!!!!!
do you have a metal mesh net for that tank LOL
drain your pool!

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:35 pm

Thanks Newshound 8) 8)