Eastern PA and NJ - Take my tanks please

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

JD

Post by JD » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:05 am

James(Western Canada) wrote:Jeff: This evening is the first time I have logged on in an embarrasingly long time. There was a time when if a day went by when I didn't log on, a search party would have been dispatched:)
Sorry to hear you are moving on, you are truly an accomplished aquarist, and have been both an inspiration and an excellent source of information over the years. I hope you will leave your site up, as there is a TON of good fishkeeping, aquatic plant, algae avoidance, etc info there which has helped THOUSANDS of other aquarists over the years.
I would like to take this oppurtunity to personally THANK YOU, and wish you well in whatver other hobbies/endeavours you pursue in the future.

James Forgan
aka James (Western Canada)
Wow James, Man looks like I need to log in here more often too:) Thanks very much! And yes, my site will stay up, but honestlly updates, I doubt it will see many of them:)

JD

JD

Post by JD » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:11 am

Monica, you got my PMs

Thanks Shari!! I can use some marketing help:)

geaston, You are a few hours from here, I'm north of Allentown, and Monica is very interested. To answer your questions, this 90 is 48”*18”*24” tall and with the stand and hood the whole deal stands 57” tall. Because of the filters on the back, its 23 inches from the wall to the front of the tank.

MoonPye

Post by MoonPye » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:45 am

shari2 wrote:I've seen the tank in person and it is gorgeous. 8)
I've no doubt about this Shari, and honestly I am drooling that I would be so close to having such an extradinary tank in MY home.. literally drooling.. I dreamed about fish last night.

The only thing left to figure out is transporting it. If I had a bunch of strong men and a big truck, it would be here already. :-)
~Monica in NEPA ~ We got Dojo Mojo!
Mom to 3 humans, one dog, one cat, and many fish

shari2

Post by shari2 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:05 am

Oh man, is it going to be heavy. 8)

If you do move you may want to bring big tubs to move some of the plants for transport. You'll have to drop the water level to almost nil, or possibly even break down the full tank. You'll need a couple of tall buckets/rubbermaid tubs, and some kind of thin towels you can wet to cover the plants so they don't dry out. There are some BIG healthy plants in there. 8)

The stand is no lightweight thing, either. If it's possible, I'd do it in two stages. Bring the fish and temporarily put them into your tanks and float the plants. You could also bring some of the odds and ends that will fit. Then go back for the main tank and accoutrements/substrate. That way the fish will be acclimated to your water, you can take your time to get the tank set up and aquascaped at your house, and you can let it settle before you add the fish.

JD could possibly break it down for you once the fish and plants are gone. 8)

<shari runs!>
books. gotta love em!
http://www.Apaperbackexchange.com

JD

Post by JD » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:45 pm

geaston wrote:jd I live in ligonier Pa and was looking to put another tank in the office I was considering a 125 or 150 what are the dmensions of the 90 ? I will be checking the forum. or email me geaston@smartparts.com. thanks graham.
Alright Graham, Monica has back out so the 90 is still available. Let me know if you want any other information.

JD

Rubix

Post by Rubix » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:07 pm

beautiful tank. too bad i am just seeing this. i drove back home to carolina yesterday from northern NJ just outside NYC, i could have swung by. good luck.