Schistura ID please

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:50 am

So, I've translated it so good as I can. I've mailed it to you. I don't know concerning the copyright and don't post it here. But you can allocate it to others :D

I've contacted Gerhard 2002 about this loaches, I will search for his answer. The Mail is on another PC.
I'm curious about the new pics :D
Also, do want the photo credit named as Thomas or your full name?
Oh, please the full name Thomas Frank :)

piggy4

Post by piggy4 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:19 pm

Nice fish Thomas , i wonder if the Darkone could throw some light on this one ? he was trying to make some sence of this group a while back !

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:48 pm

Many thanks! 8) It sure is a interesting read. If anyone wants to read it, then i'll send it (just pm me). Keep us updated on what Gerhard suggests, Thomas. Looking forward to the results.

Good point Andy. I wonder where the Dark One is. :idea:

The.Dark.One

Post by The.Dark.One » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:48 pm

Graeme Robson wrote: Good point Andy. I wonder where the Dark One is. :idea:
Between November and March I tend to be in my crypt, regenerating for the fish season to start again. :twisted:

It's hard to tell for definite with these fish, and only using photographs. I think I was the first or one of the first to throw the names paucifasciata and cincticauda into the ring for some of these fish, but it is by no means certain, especially bearing in mind there may be some undescribed sp. knocking about.

My opinion is that the first fish that Thomas shows is possibly a paucifasciata. The first fish in his post of 7/1/08 10.13am looks like a balteata. We could perhaps know for definite if Thomas could examine their jaws to see if they match the info in Kottelats Ind. Nema.
Lord Foul The Despiser, Lord of the Flies, Lucifer, Beelzebub, Mephistopheles, Satan, Iblis, Samael, The Dark Lord, The Abhorred, Azazel, Anubis, Pluto, Hades, etc

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:00 pm

Cheers Dark Coolant of life! :wink:

So it would be safe to name these as Schistura sp aff paucifasciata for the time being :idea:

The.Dark.One

Post by The.Dark.One » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:49 pm

Graeme Robson wrote:Cheers Dark Coolant of life! :wink:

So it would be safe to name these as Schistura sp aff paucifasciata for the time being :idea:
You're welcome!

Yes, I would for the time being, but perhaps see what Gerghard comes back with. Gerhard will probably have researched it a bit closer than I have (I'm not really into Schistura's that much).
Lord Foul The Despiser, Lord of the Flies, Lucifer, Beelzebub, Mephistopheles, Satan, Iblis, Samael, The Dark Lord, The Abhorred, Azazel, Anubis, Pluto, Hades, etc

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:28 am

Hi dark,
but perhaps see what Gerghard comes back with.
Is he on tour at the moment?

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:27 pm

I've found Gerhards Mail. At this time (Nov. 2002) he wrote me, that we had to name the loaches as S. sp.aff. balteata. But I would say it is both all right. And we have the free choice at the moment. Leave it quietly at sp.aff. paucifasciata.

The.Dark.One

Post by The.Dark.One » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:11 pm

Thomas wrote:Hi dark,
but perhaps see what Gerhard comes back with.
Is he on tour at the moment?
Sorry Thomas, this is a quirky way of phrasing things. It just means see what his reply is. :)

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:30 pm

:D Oh, Thanks for explanation :oops: