kuhli tank mates

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

tattooedgemini

kuhli tank mates

Post by tattooedgemini » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:13 pm

do you think kuhli's and angels can go together? i added my kuhli's to my angels tank and they seem to be really happy. i turned the heater down a little so the temp is tolerable for both...i'm mostly concerned that the angel might try to eat on of the smaller 2" babies.
i am super mom!...to the kids and the fish...lol

bevans

Post by bevans » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:26 pm

I have cories, swords and one really evil red-tailed shark with mine. Don't know how angels would do-I'm pretty sure the kuhlis wouldn't care about them, but I gather there's a bit of range in angelfish temperament. I am under the impression that the black ones can be quite evil. This sounds like a Shari question-I think she has both.
Brenda

Diana

Post by Diana » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:07 pm

I have a pretty laid back Angel and he is fine with the Kuhlies.
38 tanks, 2 ponds over 4000 liters of water to keep clean and fresh.

Happy fish keeping!

palaeodave

Post by palaeodave » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:11 pm

I have kept angels with kuhlis without any problems. By babies do you mean that yours are spawning in the tank? If so, anything really small that ventures out could well get snapped up.

shari2

Post by shari2 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:14 pm

I would think it would be fine. The angels would likely be more worried about the khulis predating their eggs. 8)

even a 2" khuli would probably not be at risk from your average angelfish--however, if your angels are huge and aggressive, just make sure there's plenty of hiding places in the substrate for the khulis. Angels prefer the open areas, usually.
books. gotta love em!
http://www.Apaperbackexchange.com

tattooedgemini

Post by tattooedgemini » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:34 pm

thanks all, and no my kuhli's aren't breeding..they are my babies cause i just got them and they are pretty small, i think the smallest is just over an inch or so.... i wish my kuhli's were breeding though..that would be really cool :D

shari2

Post by shari2 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:27 pm

Lol!

I meant if the Angel's were breeding they'd be worrying about the khuli's eating their eggs. That's the only scenario that I'd think the angel's would go after the corys.

sorry 'bout that! :lol:
books. gotta love em!
http://www.Apaperbackexchange.com

tattooedgemini

Post by tattooedgemini » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:19 pm

i only have one angel, but he seems to be hunting my kuhli's so he's gonna have to be moved. yesterday i had a tank break and had to give away most of my loaches, so my beautiful clowns, yo-yos and golden zebras are gone...i was lucky enough to find someone who lived fairly close who had a loach tank set up with enough room for them. i am very sad, but i still have my skunks and kuhli's. now since my display tank is gone, it is time to renovate the tank my kuhli's just moved into...sooo...it's time to start planting their tank. i'm going to go low tech and start by adding some mossimo balls...any suggestions on a good floating plant? I'm also thinking i might like to try breeding them next year, so i want to add more..right now there are 8. i'm thinking of adding another 4 at least.

tattooedgemini

Post by tattooedgemini » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:43 pm

gonna get batteries when i get payed on friday, so i'll post pics this weekend :P