*sigh* my wife...

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

DirtyBlackSocks

Post by DirtyBlackSocks » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:34 pm

Erm, for the record.

I've bred and kept apistogramma for almost 10 years - mostly in tanks with 10x per hour turnover rates.

They don't mind strong currents - if you're going to be using a stronger current I would suggest some of the heartier breeds though. Such as Njisseni or Panduro.

Ideally they enjoy well planted tanks with low current - though. But they will tolerate and thrive in almost any conditions, like most cichlids.

newshound

Post by newshound » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:56 pm

mkoff32 wrote:How do red tailed sharks and clowns usually get along?
I have never had a problem with rts with any loaches. From small sids to my grrrr tank. Sure the grrrr tank loaches (eos, mods, robusta and skunks) can kick the snot out of the rts but they don't.
If they do chase it the rts moves out of the way and then comes back all flared up after the loach leaves. It is funny. Big tough RTS...that mean loach didn't scare him at all LOL!
Although I wouldn't put two RTS together in a tank under 125 gallon or a RTS with a SAE. The RTS hates any fish with the same body shape as it.
I have had many neons in with a big RTS with no problems.
drain your pool!

geaston

Post by geaston » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:10 pm

The name is graham and the tank is a 75 gallon with a fluvall fx5 filter 2 power heads and a emperor 330 6 rainbows and the rams, which one pair will be moved as they are showing signs that they want to breed.9 clowns 4 are 5 inch. the rest 3 to 4 inch and 1 small clown pleco. Plus I have 2 25 gallon tanks for my breeding pair od discus and young and a 54 gallon corner Dutch aquarium with another 2 pairs of 6inch discus and 4 corey's

All in my office! Coming to work is great ! :lol:

mkoff32

Post by mkoff32 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:59 pm

Graham, just read your profile... we share the same interests. Fish and paintball! Lol. :D

geaston

Post by geaston » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:48 am

mkoff32 wrote:Graham, just read your profile... we share the same interests. Fish and paintball! Lol. :D
I am the senoir sales exec for Smart Parts Inc and I also coach the Philly Americans at XBALL, I was also the First English Player to play for the ALL Americans. :lol:

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:50 pm

If you are looking for Cichlid tankmates then it may be worth sourcing some of the less seen Pelvicachromis genus such as P. humilis or P. Taeniatus. The majority of these are found in riverine systems and although the flow is not as great as the Loaches are found in it can be quite considerable. They are also very adaptable to water conditions as well as they are found in a wide range of habitat so will fit in with most Loach parameters. I have P. Taeniatus "Bipindi" and P. Pulcher and breed both. Never had a hint of trouble with them. They tend to stick to the slower flowing areas in the tanks as well.