5 clowns FREE to a good home - NYC

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Lou

5 clowns FREE to a good home - NYC

Post by Lou » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:34 pm

Hi all,

This is my first post but have been lurking around for a while. Great site with some really first rate info.

Anyway, the reason for my post. I have 5 clown loaches that I would like to give away for free to someone who really knows what they're doing. They range in size from 4-6 inches and are in excellent health. They have been in my care for over a year. I rescued them from two people who meant well but basically bought babies and then did not know what to do when the loaches outgrew their tank. My best guess is that the fish are about 3 years old. They currently reside in my 75 gallon and are doing well. I just would like to move them to an even better home and I would like to try my hand at something different. I had thought of moving them to my 90 gallon but it is planted and don't want them causing havok.
So like I said they are free to anyone who cares to make the trip to Queens, NY to pick them up. One thing I ask is that you need to know what you're doing and they have to go into a big appropriately set up tank.

Thanks.
-Lou

adamrf1126

Post by adamrf1126 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:39 pm

i live close by and would love to take them but unfortunately i am going to college in a year and my parents are selling the house so they would have to be re-homed again very soon.
I am going to be advertising on this site very soon for anyone who will be interested in striatas, clowns, or australian rainbows as well!

Lou

Post by Lou » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:43 am

That's understandable. I wouldn't want them to have to move again in a year. Oh btw, if you come by to get these loaches I can throw in some Endler's livebearers for free. My population is growing too large again.

-Lou

Lou

Post by Lou » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:03 am

These guys are still available. I won't have web access again until Monday so if you contact me be patient I'll get back to you.

BTW, the measurements I gave are total length, including fins.

Thanks.
-Lou

botiaboy

Post by botiaboy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:31 pm

Hmmm, I'm sorta nearby, I have a 150 gallon tank that I'm planning on setting up specifically for clowns, so I'll see if I can convince my mom. Well be moving in a few weeks and as soon as we move my mom will let me get new fish, so if you still have them by then I might take them.
My loaches:
5 kubotai
5 almorhae
5 kuhli
5 zebra
1 aborichthys

Lou

Post by Lou » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:01 pm

Sounds good. I'd love to see them go into a 150. If I still have them by then you will be first on the list. Keep me posted.

You can email me directly at Lmateus@ed.org

-Lou

botiaboy

Post by botiaboy » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:36 pm

Ok, I talked to my mom, so if you still have them by the time we move, we'll see if we can come by on a weekend. We both really love fish, especcially loaches.
My loaches:
5 kubotai
5 almorhae
5 kuhli
5 zebra
1 aborichthys

Lou

Post by Lou » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:22 am

My loaches have found a great new home!

Thanks to everyone who inquired. I am very happy with the way it worked out.

-Lou