African Filter Shrimp and CL's

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

cweg71

African Filter Shrimp and CL's

Post by cweg71 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:41 am

I picked up a couple of these for $20 each. I was a little worried my clowns would be a problem. 3 months no problems. My six clowns are about 5- 8 inches. The shrimp is about 4 inches.

crazy loaches

Post by crazy loaches » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:57 pm

Shrimp seem hit or miss. In the one large display tank at my lfs that his heavily planted they have many shrimp in there, amano shrimp and others, as well as a few clowns (probably for snail control I guess). I also kept some Atyopsis Moluccensis in my loach tank for a while (the common filter shrimp around here) that were in the ~3" range (and my largest clown was ~5"). However after about 6 months they both disappeared.

So its probably hit or miss and YMMV. Shrimp are most susceptible when they molt, not sure if yours have done that yet? With such a large shrimp you have better chances, but what the clowns might still do is pick off the eyes or things like that. Good luck, and hope they get along.