Loach Video this morning

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Tinman

Loach Video this morning

Post by Tinman » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:43 am

The lights came on and many came out to visit as I am preparing to do maintenance this morning. You may possibly be able to distinguish the current in this tank from the actions of the inhabitants as they enter the 40 US gallon per minute in-rush in the top right that blows straight down the wood on the right. This is mostly Almorhae and Clowns with at least 4 other loach specie present. My pump is a 2 hp that is running in the background. The sound seems louder on camera than in person although it does cause the house to hum with a resonance a bit The white is an intake near the surface and green pipe has a large pump mounted to it to lift the water from the bottom and create a vertical twist to suspend food long enough to be eaten and get all the water in the tank to the surface for O2 exchange.A manifold variation for my circumstances here. This is a deep tank which caused low mid and high currents in the tank to differ and that appeared to cause me problems as the flows increased to relatively enormous home aquarium levels.Evidently the lower water where the loaches lived was not being changed out near as fast as the upper was as I originally used my inflow to break the surface for added airation it would not push all the lower water up and out. I also run a cannister and a 36 watt Turbo twist UV on this btw . We are all happy now because of LOL ......Yahooooooo 8)