Skunks at Walmart!

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

plaalye

Skunks at Walmart!

Post by plaalye » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:04 pm

I stop in to check out the tanks at Walmart on occasion, I guess out of morbid curiosity. I was in the area today so I had a look and much to my surprise(and horror!) there was a tank full of skunk Botia! Maybe 20? Must have just come in as no price yet. I won't describe the conditions of the tank but it broke my heart, only wish I had a place for them. If anyone is in the market or feeling like a rescue might check out your local store. I don't know if it's better to rescue fish in that situation, and possibly have them get more? Or let them die and hope that's the end of it???

Blue

Re: Skunks at Walmart!

Post by Blue » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:55 am

plaalye wrote:I stop in to check out the tanks at Walmart on occasion, I guess out of morbid curiosity. I was in the area today so I had a look and much to my surprise(and horror!) there was a tank full of skunk Botia! Maybe 20? Must have just come in as no price yet. I won't describe the conditions of the tank but it broke my heart, only wish I had a place for them. If anyone is in the market or feeling like a rescue might check out your local store. I don't know if it's better to rescue fish in that situation, and possibly have them get more? Or let them die and hope that's the end of it???
I'd get them if I were near there but I live in the Philippines.:?
Passion for loaches + Passion for snails = Irony

jones57742

Post by jones57742 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:13 am

Blue:

Welcome to participation in the Forum. The Forum is nondiscriminatory and obviously, by your presence and previously by mine, goes slumming every now and then and let anyone join. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Folks:

Blue and I go back several years, he has a ton of experience and will be an asset to the Forum.

TR
Hookem Horns and Keep Austin Weird
In the short run the good guys never win:
In the long run they win some of the times!