New tank and new fish

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

bullisbm

New tank and new fish

Post by bullisbm » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:00 pm

Hi all,

I have had a new tank brewing for about a month now. I got the fish for it a few days ago.

I have 3 cheni's I think I got 2 females and a male.. but want to check with the experts..

The 1st I think is the male.. The second a female.. and the 3rd is camera shy so no pic of it but the head it just like the second.

and an update on my other tank that had the mystery dying fish. Things are still great there no more loses and all seem to be fine.

chefkeith

Post by chefkeith » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:49 pm

Nice fish.
One thing I noticed is a rock you have in there. IME, rainbow slate is not inert. I've tested it with a TDS meter a few times before by letting it soak in a water filled sealed container for a couple weeks. Anyways, I'll no longer keep that stuff in my tanks.

Jim Powers

Post by Jim Powers » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:40 pm

Its hard to say for sure, from the pics, but I would agree with your assesment.

bullisbm

Post by bullisbm » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:26 pm

chefkeith wrote:Nice fish.
One thing I noticed is a rock you have in there. IME, rainbow slate is not inert. I've tested it with a TDS meter a few times before by letting it soak in a water filled sealed container for a couple weeks. Anyways, I'll no longer keep that stuff in my tanks.

it is 'fake' rock it is acutally sold as a decoration for repiles, but thanks for the warning I have seen the real stuff around and thought about getting some.

Thanks!