New additions

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

fish_frenzy

New additions

Post by fish_frenzy » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:53 pm

We were doing our usual Saturday cruising the LFS and at the last one of the day, I spotted some Striatas and Burmese loaches. Tiny little guys! I emptied the tank they were in...took em all. I ended up with 7 Striatas(1 1/2"), 3 Burmese(2") and 6 of the smallest clowns I have ever seen(about an inch). I have been keeping an eye out for the Striatas and really wanted some Kubs... but no Kubs anywhere.

I am a little unsure if the Burmese really are Burmese as the markings are different than the pictures on this site. When they settle in, I will try to get a few pics.

I am a little concerned about the clowns as they are rather thin but when I fed tonight the whole lot went into a feeding frenzy! I made sure every one ate. There are also plenty of snails to snack on too in this tank.

I set them up in their own 29G tank with some bogwood a few plants and some plant pot hidey holes.

Once finished quarrantine, they will share a 50G until they grow out a bit. The Clowns will be with these guys for a bit as I worry about them being so small in the same tank as my 6 & 7 inch guys.

They also had a tank full of hillys but our place is too warm for them so I left them to find more suitable homes(I hope).

Tammy :D
Looney for Loaches!

Stonecoloured

Post by Stonecoloured » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:55 am

Sounds like a wonderful find.

connor

Re: New additions

Post by connor » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:22 am

fish_frenzy wrote:Once finished quarrantine, they will share a 50G until they grow out a bit. The Clowns will be with these guys for a bit as I worry about them being so small in the same tank as my 6 & 7 inch guys.
Don't worry about the tiny striata .. worry about your clowns. Mark my words. :-p

-Connor
'I ought never to act except in such a way that I can also will that my maxim should become a universal law.'