adoption ???

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

tentpoleholder

adoption ???

Post by tentpoleholder » Thu May 08, 2008 6:49 pm

I have some modestas ,, couple clowns,, yoyos ,, three sids ,, angelicus ,, rostrata ,, morletti ... I have had them for long time ,, and I am starting to feel badly because I dont give them the attention I once did.. I would like to give all of my fish and aquariums and equipment away to someone who is interested in takin care of them .. The cost of all of this would be that you do all the work,, taking everything down and catching fish etc and not harming them ofcourse ..
I am moving to a new house soon and I will not have room for everything... The tank in front room is approx 100 gallons ,, it is homemade corner set up capped in notty pine ,, this would all have to be taken away as part of the deal ..

Martin Thoene
Location: Toronto.....Actually, I've been on LOL since September 1998

Post by Martin Thoene » Thu May 08, 2008 6:58 pm

Have you tried the GTA Aquaria forum? Don't think there's anyone there specifically into Loaches but I bet you'd find someone who'd be willing to make the trip down the Hammer to help with the equipment.
I'd jump at myself except I'm downsizing because of a planned move too.

Martin.
Image Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

tentpoleholder

Post by tentpoleholder » Thu May 08, 2008 7:05 pm

that is funny ,, i was just looking through the posts and seen your name ,, i remember it from being on here before,, i was going to ask if you were the one with the store in toronto ,, i have bought loaches there before ,.., I figured this forum would be best bet to get someone fond of loaches to come and take all my guys ,, FREE!!!! except the labour of dismantling everything and catching fish,,m transporting etc. I have (i think,, they hide so much) 10 modestas ,, all round 6 inches,, three clowns,, three yoyos ,, one angelicus,, three sidthimunkis ,, one morletti ,, couple round nose plecos ,, one rostrata ,, maybe couple more ,, used to be horseheads in there too but as you know they all good at hiding ..

Rychek

Post by Rychek » Thu May 08, 2008 9:15 pm

If I lived anywhere near you, I'd be knocking on your door right now! Unfortunately I'm about as far away from you as I could be without leaving the USA. :(
"If no one makes you do it, it counts a fun" --Hobbes the Tiger

"No trees were harmed in the writing of this message, however, several electrons were GREATLY inconvenienced." --Anonymous

Martin Thoene
Location: Toronto.....Actually, I've been on LOL since September 1998

Post by Martin Thoene » Thu May 08, 2008 9:34 pm

tentpoleholder wrote:that is funny ,, i was just looking through the posts and seen your name ,, i remember it from being on here before,, i was going to ask if you were the one with the store in toronto ,, i have bought loaches there before
I think you mean Harold at The Menagerie? He's my main man for Loaches too.

Ooh...forgot the link before....

http://www.gtaaquaria.com/forum/index.php

Martin.
Image Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Pixelated_Pirate

Post by Pixelated_Pirate » Fri May 09, 2008 12:44 am

I would love to take the tank off your hands... but I just got myseld a 55 I am setting up and my girlfriend wont allow me to have more than 3 tanks at a time =(

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Fri May 09, 2008 1:50 am

my girlfriend wont allow me to have more than 3 tanks at a time =(
That could be about 900 US gallons then without to many structural changes probably.... 8)

loachdad

adoption~~

Post by loachdad » Sun May 11, 2008 2:18 am

How soon do you need these items and fin kids moved. We are definitely interested. We live in St.Thomas Ont.
120 gallon with 6 weathers and 8clowbs
15 gallon with 12 kulis
19 other tropical tanks

tentpoleholder

Re: adoption~~

Post by tentpoleholder » Mon May 12, 2008 6:11 pm

loachdad wrote:How soon do you need these items and fin kids moved. We are definitely interested. We live in St.Thomas Ont.
I have to say Tom ,, I think you might be the winner.... waiting to hear on yahoo...