new pangio tank progress (and what fish did to my kitchen!)

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Diana

Post by Diana » Fri May 23, 2008 10:53 pm

Watch out buying stuff for other animals to use in an aquarium. Sometimes the material has been treated for parasites or something specific to the animal it is labeled for, and should not be used in an aquarium.
38 tanks, 2 ponds over 4000 liters of water to keep clean and fresh.

Happy fish keeping!

wolfeyed

Post by wolfeyed » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:22 pm

LOL! I thought I was the only one who used a shot glass for bloodworms!!! Looks great.

fishlover301

Post by fishlover301 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:07 pm

hahahaa that sounds like my house. i also use shotglasses for bloodworms. i just put some hot water in it and pop in a frozen cube of blood worms or brine shrimp. very pretty tank. thats the way i want my tank set-up...someday. :lol:
30 gallon
1 orange fantail goldfish

30 gallon
20 guppys
4 peppered corys
2 bronze corys
1 male swordtail
1 male halfmoon betta

10 gallon
guppy fry tank
5 ghost shrimp

4 one gallon tank
1 male betta each

zmo63

Post by zmo63 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:17 pm

I added a couple of pangios yesterday. I brought over a mature filter, plus I've had the cannister running for several weeks with plants, snails, shrimp, etc. I'm getting a small nitrate reading, so I think things are on track. I'm spreading out the moving of the pangios because I'm nervous about it. And also because they're hard to catch!

Everything seems fine so far with the two that are in there, but they're always scaring me. If they're not loachy dancing, I'm worried they're sick, and if they are dancing, I'm worried they're stressed!

Just trying to relax and let them be loaches :)

I'll post more pictures soon - I got the driftwood sorted now (no tree-climbing rocks), and the plants are growing in nicely.

bookpage

Post by bookpage » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:51 am

where are those pictures, zmo63? You have had enough time. :D
240 - Clowns(15), Polka-Dot(6), Sids(57), Zebra(12), Burmese(5), Red-fin(4), YoYo(5), Sumo(2), Skunk(4), Peckoltia sabaji(1), L144 Black Eye Bristlenose Pleco(3), Odessa Barb(9), Roseline Sharks(6)

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bookpage1

zmo63

Post by zmo63 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:13 am

I'm sure I've posted more recent tank photos, but not on this thread, clearly. Here's a closeup that was taken around November of last year:

and here's a very recent but not so close-up photo - you can still see how much the java fern has taken over.

The pangios seem to be doing very well. There are always a couple out in the open, but at meal times they all start appearing and it's great fun to watch.

raecarrow

Post by raecarrow » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:40 am

wolfeyed wrote:LOL! I thought I was the only one who used a shot glass for bloodworms!!! Looks great.
I use a shot glass to soak food with medicine. I need to make sure that it isn't used by humans now.

Great looking tank zmo63.
Rae

bookpage

Post by bookpage » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:54 pm

Thank you, zmo63. Your aquarium looks great!

Wish I could get java fern to grow like that. I think my water has something in that most plants don't like. I can grow a few Crypts and Anubias, and that's about all. I have a great light source, so that is why i think it is the water.

I really like how you fixed your tank.
240 - Clowns(15), Polka-Dot(6), Sids(57), Zebra(12), Burmese(5), Red-fin(4), YoYo(5), Sumo(2), Skunk(4), Peckoltia sabaji(1), L144 Black Eye Bristlenose Pleco(3), Odessa Barb(9), Roseline Sharks(6)

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bookpage1