Losing access to loaches :(

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Rubix

Losing access to loaches :(

Post by Rubix » Mon May 26, 2008 4:21 pm

Two LFS in my town. Petsmart and a small LFS (mostly marine). Small LFS just went out of business last week, and Petsmart stopped stocking kubotai last week. I.... I... can't breath.... :o I was planning to add a few more kubotai in a month after I move :( Oh well, guess I'll keep looking for a 6 foot tank to house clowns, the only loach available in my area; and there's always frank's
</rant>
Last edited by Rubix on Mon May 26, 2008 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eyrie

Post by Eyrie » Mon May 26, 2008 4:22 pm

May be a long shot, but would they order the kubotai in if you asked?
Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Rubix

Post by Rubix » Mon May 26, 2008 5:13 pm

In my experience, no, unfortunately. Perhaps I could persuade the cute girl who works the fish dept. to sneak an order in :wink:

newshound

Post by newshound » Tue May 27, 2008 11:18 am

yep I d go with franks
they deworm loaches.
drain your pool!

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Tue May 27, 2008 5:44 pm

They come and go as supply dictates,they will have them again,no worrys. We had none for a year here either then the quality was better when they did appear so be patient and prepare for them "someday". :)

Rubix

Post by Rubix » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:40 pm

Well guess what?!?!?! Yea you know what's coming.... kubotai back in stock!

The story, if you have the time to read...
I'm not going to lie, when I got that news and made this post I was pretty unhappy, hell I haven't even been on here in a week or two when I used to be on several times a day. My girlfriend is in town visiting and we had nothing to do so we went up to the store to look at puppies to kill time. Just like the rest of you, I'm not going to walk into such a store and not look at the fish. As I walked up to the tank I saw a good size kub chasing another. I couldn't believe my eyes. I instantly got the employee's attention and said bag these kubotai, all of them, which is five. As she was bagging them, I was mentioning how I'd been told they weren't going to stock them anymore and she said they weren't supposed to but the central warehouse kept shipping them. Additionally, this is the healthiest batch of kubotai I've ever seen in my life in any store. Good size, not skinny but plump, good color, good activity, all around good loaches *knock on wood*. That said, I'm going to stop now, I'm not a superstitious man but I don't want to jinx them :lol: Pictures in the coming days. Cheers 8)

tariesindanrie

Post by tariesindanrie » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:56 pm

Woo hoo!!! That is great, Jamie! Can't wait to see the pics! :D

Kate
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:16 pm

Great news! 8) Looking forward to the pics.

Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:13 pm

:lol: 8)

helen nightingale

Post by helen nightingale » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:10 pm

excellent news. you must be very happy

Rubix

Post by Rubix » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:35 pm

Well, my Canon batteries are dead for the moment and I have no backups but I used the girlfriend's camera and got some shots; excuse flash and dirty glass. These should hold yall over 'til I get around to buying new batts.

Getting to know each other

Cruisin' the tank

Here are some cropped versions:
http://img2.putfile.com/main/6/16617410127.jpg
http://img2.putfile.com/main/6/16617410144.jpg
Let me know if you want the high resolution files. 8)

loachcoach

Post by loachcoach » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:09 pm

I just noticed my online supplier is out of them, too. I'm hoping they get some in stock soon. I'm setting up a new 240 gallon in my fish room so my clowns have more room and would like to add some kubotai in there as well.

Thanks for the pics....nice looking fish.
There is no cure for MTS....don't waste your time trying to overcome it......join me, for the force is strong!!