Honolulu/Oahu clown loach owners?

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

LK

Honolulu/Oahu clown loach owners?

Post by LK » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:23 am

Hi! I live in Honolulu, Hawai'i. I love my clown loaches, but I know can't keep them forever. One of two things will happen in the next two years or so, I just don't know which will happen first: either my four loaches will outgrow my 55-gallon tank, or I will be moving back to the mainland US. Either way, I don't want to wait until the last minute to find a good new owner for my clowns. I'm not ready to face giving them up just yet, but I'd love to get in contact with any other forum members and/or responsible clown loach owners who also live on Oahu or in the Honolulu area.
The ideal person would be settled here on Oahu (i.e., you, unlike me, don't plan on moving away), and you'd have a well-maintained 125-gallon tank with room for four more clowns. That's my "wish list" for a potential new owner, but I'm definitely willing to negotiate. If you, or someone you know, might be interested in one day adopting my loaches, please post to this thread. Mahalo!

LK

Post by LK » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 am

Guess not, huh? I guess this place isn't teeming with fellow islanders :wink:
Well, please do keep me in mind, if in the future you come to hear of someone in Honolulu who keeps clown loaches. I'm sure this thread will get outdated soon, but just pm me. Thanks!

Dave Rinaldo

Post by Dave Rinaldo » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:43 pm

If this club still exists you could try there.

Honolulu Aquarium Society
How do you keep the music playing...
Legrand/Bergman

sweetlilbully

you aren't alone!

Post by sweetlilbully » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:27 am

hi! I'm an islander - kaimuki to be exact!! but i live in cali now :( hope you find a nice home for your fishes.

LK

Post by LK » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:51 am

Thanks! Yes, Dave, I'm a member of the Honolulu Aquarium Society, and I've made a few acquaintances there, but no one so far who's got a set up suitable, in the long term, for clown loaches. But, I'm hoping that eventually I'll meet someone who does.
And sweetlilbully--too bad! I'm in Mo'ili'ili--it would've been an easy trip to move my clowns to your old place!
Anyway, thanks for the good wishes :D