New tank - some thoughts!

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Johanski

Post by Johanski » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:55 am

Thanks alot you guys, I'm flattered :oops:

Chelms:

The stand as you probably saw is a normal aquarium stand in aluminum (Sp?) and I just covered with some fabrics. I'm gonna iron the fabrics, but other than that I'm really pleased with it. Alot cheaper than a special made one.

At the moment I'm kinda on the down side with my aquarium, having some problems with disease.. 2 barbs have died so far and 2 more are looking skinny..

Regards
Johan

mickthefish

Post by mickthefish » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:23 am

i would'nt have a downer mate, these things happen to the most experienced of fishkeepers.
you can only dose against whatever the problem is and cross your fingers bud.
me and my mate have had fish that showed no sign of a problem just flip their fins and said goodbye.
just take it as part of fishkeeping, but i know how you feel.

mick

Johanski

Post by Johanski » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:32 am

Thanks for your words, and yea it happens.. good thing is I'm setting up a new aquarium as I type, a smaller one but still..

Fish that die when you know you've done everything right is just a bummer, aint it :(

Johan

Johanski

Post by Johanski » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:12 pm

I just gotta say that C. Oblongus is an awesome algae eater you can have with greedy loaches. Awesome to clean algae and they're not afraid to cut in on the meal:

(Look at how fat they are)