My Loaches Family Pix

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

plaalye

Post by plaalye » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:14 pm

Amazing shots! That clown pyramid, the juxtaposition of the fish is perfect! On the bottom left, the odd loach (sinibotia robusta?) is facing out and the clown in, and on the right they are reversed. Did you train them to do that?? :lol:
I need to take fish photo lessons with you!

aerden

Post by aerden » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:41 pm

Botia Robert wrote:WOW! :D

I dont mean to flatter, but that is the best loach photography I have ever seen, seriously!

The first selection of photos (especially the beaufortia) looked like they were part of a loach calandar. Now there's an idea!
Thanks for your kind words Robert! :D I'll sure try to capture interesting poses from my loaches whenever they learnt new tricks.
hmmm.... Loach calendar! :idea: :lol: :lol:

aerden

Post by aerden » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:44 pm

Blue wrote:Wow! That's impressive! I want them as my calendar and picture frame.
Glad you like them, Blue :wink: :wink: You could frame all of them if you wish. :D

aerden

Post by aerden » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:49 pm

Emma Turner wrote:These are fantastic photographs, aerden! 8) Would you be willing to let us permanently include 2 or 3 of these shots in our LOL loach photo galleries? (your name would be credited to them of course).

Emma
hi Emma, Why not? You could select as many as you wish. Hope to promote the beauty and the sense of humor of the interesting loaches to everyone. :lol: :lol:

NancyD

Post by NancyD » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:53 pm

Love the pyramid!

aerden

Post by aerden » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:05 pm

plaalye wrote:Amazing shots! That clown pyramid, the juxtaposition of the fish is perfect! On the bottom left, the odd loach (sinibotia robusta?) is facing out and the clown in, and on the right they are reversed. Did you train them to do that?? :lol:
I need to take fish photo lessons with you!
hi plaalye, i'm putting my syllabus together, once ready, I'll send out the timetable. nah... just kidding. :lol:
I believe the odd one is a Tiger (Syncrossus Helodes) if i'm not wrong.
In fact I waited for a about 15-20mins before all of them synchronize. Sometimes, some holes are empty. Guess it's luck and I managed to capture the right moment. :D
Tips: move one end of the PVCs close to the glass, that would allow a one-way entry. But, the big ones down at the bottom row could push themselves in from the glass side. (magic trick!) :lol:

aerden

Post by aerden » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:07 pm

NancyD wrote:Love the pyramid!
Happy to know Nancy. Next time, i'll think of some other formations. hehehe...

Barracuda518

Post by Barracuda518 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:15 pm

Very impressive pictures.

I really like the one of the V. maassi :D

Please keep the pictures coming.

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:23 pm

aerden wrote:hi Emma, Why not? You could select as many as you wish. Hope to promote the beauty and the sense of humor of the interesting loaches to everyone. :lol: :lol:
Thank you so much, Aerden! :mrgreen: You're fish are all in superb condition and you have a real talent for aquarium photography. Looking forward to seeing lots more pics from you (hint hint :wink: ).
Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

chefkeith

Post by chefkeith » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:04 pm

Loach pyramid is awesome.

LoachOrgy

Post by LoachOrgy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:28 pm

that first pic is the best loach pic ive ever seen nice shot! :shock: :D
All your loaches are belong to me!

aerden

Post by aerden » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:50 am

Thanks chefkeith & LoachOrgy! :wink:

I'd been travelling lately and last week I was in Chatuchak, Bangkok. Beside the JJ Mall there is a place where pets are sold openly. Meaning legal or not, one could find some interesting pets there. Guess what? I came back with a Clown Tetra and 4 kuhli loaches. :)
Then 2 days ago, I went to a shop here in Ipoh and got myself 2 sturgeons. I think I better stop getting any new fishes else i'll be overloading my tank. :oops:

The last 2 days I took some pics of my fishes again. Just to share some here... hope you all enjoy looking at them.

1) The Kiss

2) Twin Head or Siamese Twins

3) Sharing is Caring (pardon my Humpty Dumpty Yoyo behind for getting into the picture while the other 2 sharing a gingko)

4) Going Vegetarian

5) How's my new nose job?

Botia Robert

Post by Botia Robert » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:02 am

Aerden, you have done it again. I am blown away with that photography. Absolutely fantastic! :)

plaalye

Post by plaalye » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:33 am

Incredible shots once again Aerden! I've been to ChatuChak many times, always interesting!

Mark in Vancouver

Post by Mark in Vancouver » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:51 am

Great photos. What kind of sturgeon is that? Does that species stay small?
Your vantage point determines what you can see.