Big Clown Loaches in Las Vegas Part 2

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

notoo7

Big Clown Loaches in Las Vegas Part 2

Post by notoo7 » Thu May 25, 2006 1:31 am

I did it! I bought a total four big clowns, sizes 5.5 to 7.5 inches from a place called FISH, they were $45 each (ouch!!!). Last one came out of Quarantine this afternoon. They are healthy and active. Unfortunately not very photogenic yet.

Quick question, I am planning to put the the ten 3" clowns in the living room with the (4)Skunks and (4)RedTail Botias. Should I concerned? Or maybe consider putting the bigger ones in the livingroom

Working on getting better shots
Clowns Discus Kubotai Yoyo GlassCats Pleco GhostKnife Corys RTBotias Skunks Paradise TBarbs Pleco Schistura TigerBotia Oscars Pacus TinFoils Synodontis Blood Parrots (not in same tank)

www.notOO7.com

jerry_tyler

Post by jerry_tyler » Thu May 25, 2006 7:10 pm

Looks good :lol:

notoo7

Post by notoo7 » Thu May 25, 2006 8:36 pm

Here is the latest pics of our newest addition. Question; male or female?

I was thinkin male...

Clowns Discus Kubotai Yoyo GlassCats Pleco GhostKnife Corys RTBotias Skunks Paradise TBarbs Pleco Schistura TigerBotia Oscars Pacus TinFoils Synodontis Blood Parrots (not in same tank)

www.notOO7.com

Vancmann

Post by Vancmann » Sat May 27, 2006 3:10 am

Hi Notoo7,
You might be a little concerned. The redtail botias are usually agressive towards the clowns especially if there is competition for caves. How big is the tank? My clowns are pretty big and still gets pecked on by the redtails.
120 gallon planted aquaponic tank with 10 clown loachs, first one since 1994, 1 modesta and 3 striadas.

notoo7

Post by notoo7 » Sat May 27, 2006 12:05 pm

Let see... I have two logs 5" long each and a hollow stump 5" in diameter with five entrys. The botias and skunks hide in stump and one of the logs. A . When I added the the clowns last night I added a 7x4 piece of slate for the loaches. I am going to a LFS this to buy more slate so the the have more hiding spaces. It's a 55gal.

I found two red tail banded loaches I forgot that were in there. Not sure what there actual name is though. Kinda look like Kuhlis but they are all brown with darker brown stipes with reddish tails and only come out at night.
(will try to get pic)
Last edited by notoo7 on Sat May 27, 2006 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

www.notOO7.com

notoo7

Post by notoo7 » Sat May 27, 2006 1:22 pm

Latest pic of the four musketeers dancing in the bubble stream this morning...

Max 5"
Spot 7"
Silly 6.5"
Blacki 5"

There is four of them, two are blurred. The one by himself is one of the smaller one (3").

Surprisingly the Discus, have handled living with a bunch of Loaches pretty well. They will get right in the dog pile with loaches at feeding time. They like zucchini and melons too.

www.notOO7.com