Smallest yoyo loaches I've ever seen - less than 3/4" !

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

JWhipple

Smallest yoyo loaches I've ever seen - less than 3/4" !

Post by JWhipple » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:48 pm

I picked up five of these little guys - the pet store had no clue what they were and they are SO ADORABLE! Plus, the price was right - $1 each LOL!!!

Sorry about not having a decent camera here - these are just from my cell phone that doesn't do well with macro shots!

-- Light is faster than sound... Perhaps that explains why some people appear to be intelligent - until we hear them speak!

Rubix

Post by Rubix » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:28 pm

Going off what I can see of the body, looks healthy 8) At $1 a piece you can't lose! Nice find 8)

Jim Powers

Post by Jim Powers » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:16 pm

What a bargain! I have seen some that small, lately, but they weren't that cheap.

oilhands

Post by oilhands » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:19 pm

Cute little buggers. :D You are so lucky. I've had my order in for 3 more of these guys for about 3 weeks now at my LFS. They said they would most likely run about $7 to $10. No word on when they might be available. Sigh. :(

Blue

Post by Blue » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:03 am

Hmmm...I don't remember if mine were ever that small. An inch probably but I bought 10 from a friend before and they were the smallest I had seen in the flesh. *Looks for his measuring tape*
Passion for loaches + Passion for snails = Irony

JWhipple

Post by JWhipple » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:48 am

I finally was able to get a clear photo of one - too bad it's just a face shot!

-- Light is faster than sound... Perhaps that explains why some people appear to be intelligent - until we hear them speak!

helen nightingale

Post by helen nightingale » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:18 pm

:lol: that picture has come up HUGE

isnt he sweet! i must confess, i also like the way that bit of stripey rock abouve him has come out. from that angle, he does look healthy for his very small size. sometimes i see tiny ones that are all bone. its sad to see that.

JWhipple

Post by JWhipple » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:46 am

I've put a few broken up Hikari sinking disks into the tank a couple of times a week and they go absolutely nuts for it.

They were a little thin when I got them - not anymore though!

They also get algae wafers and Tetracolor Cyclopeeze granules fairly regularly, which they also eat like there is no tomorrow!

Glad you like the photo :-)