$20 for kubotai aka angelicus at Petsmart?

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

qumqats

$20 for kubotai aka angelicus at Petsmart?

Post by qumqats » Wed May 31, 2006 9:08 pm

$20 for 2" Angelicus!? Petsmarts have these small guys at what seems a high price to me. It must not be too high though, they're selling despite the price.

But whats a good price? . . . What are they going for in your area?

aquarioten.nl

Post by aquarioten.nl » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:29 am

about 9 euro's for a fish and if you get 5 it's 40 euro for 5 fish. But it depends there are shops that are a bit cheaper or more expensive since the size of the fish is most important for the price. i've paid 4 euro's for very small ones a year ago. But since you don't see them often in a store so most of us pay it anyway 8) (high prices i mean)
Have a fantastic day!

Mark

8* Botia Polkadot & 1* Epalzeorhynchus frenatus

Martin Thoene
Location: Toronto.....Actually, I've been on LOL since September 1998

Post by Martin Thoene » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:40 am

Prices on kubotai vary a lot. My local petsmart had some 3" + ones in at $29.99. Petsmart's prices are stupidly high IMO......$5.99 for a small Convict Cichlid???....P-lease :roll: . Small kubotai
generally run around $7, but the other day i saw some in a Chinese-owned shop that were really nice at $5.99 around 1.5" long.

Martin.
Image Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

poeticpyro

Post by poeticpyro » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:47 am

kubotai are hard to get in general... i'm going to buy 3 from petsmart at $20 because the next cheapest price i could find near the house was $17. and i love the 14 day guarantee that they won't die... so... just in case. plus you can ask at petsmart when was teh last death in that tank and they'll tell you (they are supposed to keep records).
many tanks...

got to love my fat little wobbly wigglies...

ClownMob

Post by ClownMob » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:54 am

guilty of paying the $20 for kubotai's at petsmart. dont ever see them around local shops, and I looked online and best I found was $13, so I did buy from from the 'smart.

showed these pics in another thread, but why not :) here are couple shots of my 2" in my QT tank, 55g almost ready for em:

and little wider shot:

I got 5 of them, over the long haul its not that bad. would have been nice to pay less, but in a year and beyond I'm not gonna miss 50 bucks or so, I've spent much more on much less. :D

they are great looking little loaches, and I did get one over 3" in the bunch, and all still well after almost 2 weeks.
ImageImage
75g O'clown environment

poeticpyro

Post by poeticpyro » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:42 am

yeah they have been healthy here and they have barely been dying. they have lost one, but it was dead upon arrival.
many tanks...

got to love my fat little wobbly wigglies...

Lotus

Post by Lotus » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:30 pm

I've found them to be fairly robust fish. I don't think I've ever lost one. They are wonderful loaches, IMO. Mine are playful, and occasionally play tag with my angels or other fish in the tank.

IMO, it's more important to get good healthy fish than to save a couple of bucks.
So long, and thanks for all the fish.