New to the Site!!

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

bcrxcel

New to the Site!!

Post by bcrxcel » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:10 pm

hello, I was surfing the web about Loaches and I came across this site! I had to sign up great site!

Recently I purchased my 1st clown loach and two days later I went back and purchased his brother, I never owned any sort of loach but as soon as he went in the tank digging his nose in every crevasse and swimming in the bubbles and back and for BY FAR my favorite fish!!! previous was a Bolivian ram...

here's a pic of the tank, bad quality it was taken with my cell phone, ill try to get some more up soon! Please give me some tips as well for any additions (caves, hiding spots, etc....), its a 55 gallon.

Also I am trying to find a new home for my pleco any tips?

mistergreen

Post by mistergreen » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:20 pm

Welcome to the site....
Here are some info on clown loaches... You can find a library of different loaches on the main site.
http://www.loaches.com/species-index/cl ... cracanthus

Marcos Mataratzis

Post by Marcos Mataratzis » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:59 pm

Hello bcrxcel,

You will find soon that loaches prefer to be kept in groups of five or more. Anyway, you´re here to learn, right? :P

Clown loaches also prefer medium to low light and lots of wood.

Wellcome to LOL!

Marcos
My 450L Loaches tank
31 clown, 5 morleti, 2 sidthimunki

Mike Ophir

Post by Mike Ophir » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:32 pm

Hello and welcome! Nice looking tank. My only suggestion would be to increase the number of hiding places such as caves, wood, rockwork, etc. Loaches will spar over coveted pieces of property so give them as many options as possible. If not enough hiding places are available, the fish may become stressed and deteriorate in health.

Mike
A proud member of LOL since 1998