skinny clownloaches

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

lunasmile

skinny clownloaches

Post by lunasmile » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:20 pm

my loaches are dying, they died very skinny, i need help, i am not sure what is wrong with them...

Mark in Vancouver

Post by Mark in Vancouver » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:25 pm

We would need a bit more information to give you any direction.

What size is your tank? How many loaches? How many have died? Do you have any left?

What's your water like? Hardness and pH? How often do you change the tank water and in what amount?

What food have you been feeding the fish, and how often?

Do the loaches take any food? Have you seen them eat?

If your loaches are suffering from a relatively common condition, there is hope by way of specific medications. It may also be that you had access to a batch of fish that were mishandled en route or diseased.

Come back with a good description of the problem. Help is at hand.
Your vantage point determines what you can see.

lunasmile

skinny loaches

Post by lunasmile » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:35 pm

thank you, well, my tank is only 37 gallons. I used to have 6 loaches, now, I only have one. it seems to be healthy ( 3 in and fat lol. in the tankI also have 8 tiger barbs, two small plecos , 1 raphael cat fish and 1 upside down catfish. they look healthy. the loaches were fine until a couple weeks ago that I noticed they were getting really skinny, until 4 of them died. I am really worried because I am not sure what is wrong, i test the water and the ammonia is 0, nitrate 0, the ph is 6.8 and temperature is at 76/78. thak you.

lunasmile

skinny loaches

Post by lunasmile » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:48 pm

and... they were not eating the last couple days...I mean, they were really skinny, I want to get more, but I need to know, what the problem was or is... thanks...victoria.

merryn

Post by merryn » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:04 pm

i'm suffering from a simerla prob but my guys eating like hell. i hope for both of us its just the water conditions, yet my guys six years old so no misshandling here.