New Member.

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

mack

New Member.

Post by mack » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:03 pm

Hi,
I am a new member here. I am looking forward to getting to know you all.
I have been keeping fish for well over a year now.
I have a 48 gallon planted Asian theme tank. a 30 gallon Asian theme planted tank[ being set-up, and it is a 1m long tank.]. I also a have a 15 gallon planted tank, and a 5 gallon planted Betta tank.

I have got quite a few Loach species.
Zipper Loaches, Golden Zebra Loaches, 2 types of Kulie Loaches, and lastly Chines HillStream Loaches.

I am also planing to get more for my 30 gallon tank.
Possiby 7-8 Botie Sidthiminukie.[ Dwarf Loaches]
More Kulies and possibly more Zippers. Still planing.

Well I think that is all about my Loach stocks. But I have many other fish.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.
mack
I was once open minded, but my brain kept falling out

starsplitter7

Post by starsplitter7 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:57 pm

Welcome. :)

Post pictures when you get a chance. We love seeing people's fish tanks.

Does NZ have the same types of import restrictions as Australia, or is it better or worse?

mack

Hi,

Post by mack » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:45 pm

Hi,
I shall post pics as soon as I can.
Thank you for welcoming me.

I think our fish imports are more stricter than Aussy.
mack

Mark in Vancouver

Post by Mark in Vancouver » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:28 am

Welcome aboard, Mack.
Your vantage point determines what you can see.

plaalye

Post by plaalye » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:24 am

G'day Mack! North or South island?? Welcome and look forward to seeing some pics.

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:20 am

Welcome to Loaches Online Mack. :D

janma

Post by janma » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:36 am

Welcome Mack!

Just ½ hour ago I told my girlfriend we should move to New Zealand. Always had the idea that its a good place to live, you tell me?
-Janne

mack

Hi,

Post by mack » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:57 am

plaalye wrote:G'day Mack! North or South island?? Welcome and look forward to seeing some pics.
Thank you for the welcome.
I am living in the South Island.
mack

mack

Post by mack » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:08 am

janma wrote:Welcome Mack!

Just ½ hour ago I told my girlfriend we should move to New Zealand. Always had the idea that its a good place to live, you tell me?
Hi,
Well it is a hard question to answer, mainly because of one thing. The one thing is our weather. We have odd weather. You get snow, rain hail, blizzards. the lot. Yet the temperature can haver around 1-10'c then strait up to 30'c. But most of the time it is around 10'c.
Now the next thing I like about New Zealand is the people are so loverly. But they are hard to make friends with. But once you have made friends they are really friends for life. But also it depends on what Island you want to live on. The North Island is a bit more racy modern, and faster pace. But the south Island is loverly. Quite peaceful and mostly harmonious.

The land scape is wonderful. The roads are rubbish, mainly thanks to our third wold council system. And the cops dont cary side arms, just no need. Other than that the political leaders dont know what they are doing. :wink: And they bring out all sorts of odd laws, like the fart tax.
The farmers fought that, and it was not passed. And I am not joking.

Other than these silly things, I would never move from this country. Nothing could make me shift. The main reason is it's beauty, and the people are just so loverly. As I said before you have friends for life. They are always their. So you tend to not find people who just like you because you might have something.
And another thing is we still have a large amount of freedoms.

Well I hope this helps to answer your questions.
mack

plaalye

Post by plaalye » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:16 am

Hi Mack,
I also love NZ and miss it terribly! From 99-03 I spent my time between working in Antarctica(we deployed from Christchurch) and living on the S. island, maybe the best times of my life! I bought a van and lived in it as I traveled the s. island and camped by the endless rivers flyfishing. It's so easy to live like that there, unlike here in the US. The landscape is incredible and the people are friendly and welcoming. I didn't mind the weather but I never spent a winter there. It's not easy to immigrate(especially if you're over 40) unless you're a member of the Commonwealth, but if I could I would in a heartbeat! Give it a look Jan.

starsplitter7

Post by starsplitter7 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:41 am

Mack, when you get settled in, post pictures of NZ in the Offtopic section. We love seeing where people live. Are you a native of NZ or somewhere else?

janma

Post by janma » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:25 pm

Sounds like a place that I could enjoy. The pics and vids I've seen of NZ's landscape are amazing and I too would like to see some pics if you have some.
-Janne

mack

Hi,

Post by mack » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:54 pm

starsplitter7 wrote:Mack, when you get settled in, post pictures of NZ in the Offtopic section. We love seeing where people live. Are you a native of NZ or somewhere else?
Hi,
Once I have settled in I will post some pics of the country side.

Now to answer your question. I have lived in New Zealand for nearly 5 years. And before that 12 years in Australia. So I am slowly becoming a naturalized Kiwi. Plus I have lost the Aussy ax-cent.

mack

mack

Hi,

Post by mack » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:58 pm

starsplitter7 wrote:Mack, when you get settled in, post pictures of NZ in the Offtopic section. We love seeing where people live. Are you a native of NZ or somewhere else?
Hi,
Once I have settled in I will post some pics of the country side.

Now to answer your question. I have lived in New Zealand for nearly 5 years. And before that 12 years in Australia. So I am slowly becoming a naturalized Kiwi. Plus I have lost the Aussy ax-cent.

mack

Mike Ophir

Post by Mike Ophir » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:59 pm

Welcome to the Forum, Mack. Good to see another loach enthusiast here!

Mike
A proud member of LOL since 1998