My new loach tank finally up and running

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

bslindgren

My new loach tank finally up and running

Post by bslindgren » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:26 am

It's been a while since I posted here, mainly because I have had nothing new to report. Some of the pictures below I posted a while back, but I decided to re-post, because it shows the process, at least in part.

In January I ordered a 110 gal custom tank. It took a long time to get it, but in mid-July it finally arrived. These are some pictures of the initial stages. I built a stand and a canopy for it, and as of about 1 month ago it has been up and running with some fish. On the long weekend I finally moved some of my loaches over, and the rest will be added in October. Here are some pictures of the tank.

Empty tank on stand.

Stand - the doors are missing - it's a long story! I have doors on order - they should be on some time in October.

Two pics of the canopy. The fixture is a commercial unit with 4 foot T8 bulbs. For now I just have daylight bulbs at $4 a piece. So far so good.

With water and sand.

With most of the roots. Most of them were picked up from streams. They have served me well. I particularly like the long horizontal one to the right, and my fish like it as well! Some more has been added, and one more will be at the far left when my 33 gal is taken down. Also, there will be lots more plants.

Shot from the left side.

I think things are going well so far. Most of the fish seem very secure and content, particularly my zebra loaches - they settled in immediately. My clowns (which includes a new 10 cm beauty I bought from April) are slower to adapt to their new surroundings. But they should come around eventually.

Hope you like it. More to come once it is all done.
Why does my aquarium always seem too small?

starsplitter7

Post by starsplitter7 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:30 am

Wow! That looks really great. When your fish settle, could you post pictures of the fish in the new tank?

bic

Post by bic » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:51 am

Great tank! :D
47gallons tank=>danio and loach
15gallon tank=>tetra and cory
5gallon tank=>betta

mack

Hi,

Post by mack » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:24 am

Hi,
You tank looks great.
Just one thing will you be adding plants?
mack
I was once open minded, but my brain kept falling out

Ashleigh

Post by Ashleigh » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:34 am

Beautiful 8) Looks very natural

Ashleigh

chelms166

Re: Hi,

Post by chelms166 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:11 pm

mack wrote:Hi,
You tank looks great.
Just one thing will you be adding plants?
mack
if you read the original post they did mention they would be adding a lot more plants!!! :x :roll:

bslindgren

Post by bslindgren » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:00 pm

Yes, there are more plants in there now than in the pictures. I'll post later with new pics once all the plants are in there.

Thanks for your kind comments!
Why does my aquarium always seem too small?