bruised sid

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

NancyD

bruised sid

Post by NancyD » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:09 pm

About 3 weeks ago I noticed a 1mmx2mm dark spot along the "jaw line" of 1 of my sids. I think I may have bumped the log he was hiding behind while gravel washing, it's about the size of the gravel :oops: . He seems to be his normal. frisky self but I thought he should be healing by now. Have I marked him for life?
Nancy

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:19 am

Hard to tell without any pictures. Optimized water conditions can only help though.

NancyD

Post by NancyD » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:29 am

I'm trying to post a pic but I'm a techno-idiot & not sure I figured out coppermine, it's not there yet :? Any hints? Also it's been more like 2 months from the date on my pic, I remember thinking I'd try posting after getting DSL... :roll:
The discolored spot doesn't look any smaller now. It never broke the skin that I could see. It's the color of the dark chain pattern, maybe had a red edge,hard to tell as he never holds still with that part visible. I'm guessing as to what may have happened, usually they hide all together in the big cave or try to get to the "food tornado" of gravel swirling in the washer so I worry more about not sucking them up. I'm more curious (& guilt-ridden) than anything & surprised it could take so long to heal. Other than algae the tank is pretty clean, 10-15ppm nitrates, Ph 6.5, temp 79-80, 20-25% water changes 4-7 days.
Nancy