Botia Kubotia

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Bully

Post by Bully » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:45 pm

Great shots, I'm so jealous :) My lfs has had a tank of kubs and histrionica recently and I wanted some so badly!

I'd love some kubs but simply don't have the space for them. When 'she whom must be obeyed' finally relents and allows me a much larger tank then a large shoal of B. kubotai is on the list, alongside some Emperor botia :D :D Well, a man can dream can't he :) :)

Sea Sprite

Post by Sea Sprite » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:24 pm

:) It's ok, bully...1 day it will happen for you.

raving_wayne

Post by raving_wayne » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:13 pm

well i am defo in love with em my lfs also has histrionica but this was the first time he ever got kubotai and he only got them 2 days ago lol ive spoken to him and asked if he can get more, he thinks he can get another 4 for me next week so that will give me a shoal of 8 and he doin me a nice little deal on the next 4 cause he wants me to help him setup some new tanks so i gettin them at cost lol might even land myself a part time job in the shop......

im now gonna sit in front of the tank with my cam at the ready.... pics will follow

Rave
If Life is simple...... Why are there so many clever people about?!!!

raving_wayne

Post by raving_wayne » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:31 pm

A few updated pics

and now a few of there tank m8s

mickthefish

Post by mickthefish » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:10 pm

although the kubs are great, that dario is one nice piece of work.
you lucky sod. :wink:

mick

raving_wayne

Post by raving_wayne » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:25 pm

yup i have to agree my little dario is one of my favs just waiting till next weekend for another 4 of them to arrive, they are very active thats for sure and the dario and kubs seem to get along extremely well. and really puts the glamour in the tank

Rave

raving_wayne

Post by raving_wayne » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:29 pm

infact i know where i can get some tomorrow thinking about it so i may have to go get a couple tomorrow aswell as 4 next weekend, mind you think i might also have to get hold of another big tank for loaches tooo lolwonder if the missus will mind another 450litre tank in the lounge lol

Rave

bslindgren

Post by bslindgren » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:16 pm

Congrats - they are definitely favourites of mine. The seem to like to hang out on vertical surfaces on driftwood, and they really like little cracks and crevices to rest in.
Why does my aquarium always seem too small?

raving_wayne

Post by raving_wayne » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:44 am

and im off to another LFS to see if i can get any more loaches today lol hoping for some more darios and more kubs but ya just never know what ya gonna spot at the LFS nowadays lol

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:57 pm

Rave, i have a feeling that your Botia dario is actually a Hybrid Loach. Something isn't right with it. It looks half Botia dario and half Botia histrionica. Can others see what i see?

Ashleigh

Post by Ashleigh » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:10 pm

I see what you mean, the snout is more enlongated like almorhae for example. I just thought it was markings that was making it look odd, but now that you say that.....

Nice kubs :)

Ashleigh

raving_wayne

Post by raving_wayne » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:18 pm

i dont mind it being a hybrid just makes him more unique to me i guess i bought another dario today once he is settled ill get some shots of him he seems a little bashfull at the mo just hiding in the Q tank behind a rock or 2, but looks to have the same shape as my other just a diff pattern the new one is more straiht stripped like the HIST but alot thicker stripes