Fitting an AquaClear 70 on a 6x2x2 tank

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

ey

Fitting an AquaClear 70 on a 6x2x2 tank

Post by ey » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:43 pm

I just set up the new 6x2x2 tank last night, all the new fish especially the loaches are loving it! I wanted to thank everyone that helped with my questions and offered their advice, specifically Diana, chefkeith, Ashleigh, Mick and Graeme.

I haven't had a chance to take photos yet as the move was so exhausting (it took 7 hours!) but will post photos soon!

I was just wondering if anyone uses the AC70 HOB filter on their 6x2x2 tank? I have tried many ways to attaching the filter on the top of the back of the tank but it wont fit because the piece of glass for the lids to rest on is in the way. I couldn't think of any other way of putting it on. Putting it on the side was a possibility but it meant I wouldn't be able to put the hood on.

Diana

Post by Diana » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:51 pm

I have used the AC110 on a 6' tank and had no problem. It did not go in the center, where the glass center brace was, but that was not a problem. It was not enough for the tank, but I had a couple of other filters running on that tank, too.
38 tanks, 2 ponds over 4000 liters of water to keep clean and fresh.

Happy fish keeping!

Martin Thoene
Location: Toronto.....Actually, I've been on LOL since September 1998

Post by Martin Thoene » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:32 am

What design is the top of the tank? Any chance of photos?

Martin.
Image Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Graeme McKellar

Post by Graeme McKellar » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:55 am

Hi Mike, Good to hear the move went well, all your planning was good but it is still a bit scary doing it for the first time . Did it take 4 people to carry the tank ??
I have the same problem with my AC110 only fitting on the ends of the tank so I think I will replace it with another 2028 and keep it for a smaller future tank with Kuhli's and have the tank custom-made for it to fit. I could have cut a peice out of the end of the hood to get it to fit but thought it would not look good. I still have not fitted my hood yet.
To answer a few questions from your PM - I fill my tank to 30mm below the lids as I think it helps to maintain temps better with less air between the water surface and lids. The 2026 & 2028 do come with all media. 2026 =$360 & 2028=$440.
Cheers Graeme.
"I want to speak with many things and I will not leave this planet without knowing what I came to find, without solving this affair, and people are not enough. I have to go much farther and I have to go much closer." - Pablo Neruda.