I'm a Clown owner again :):)

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

mamaschild

I'm a Clown owner again :):)

Post by mamaschild » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:12 pm

Yep, I'm back :D After Albert and the gang passed, I actually turned the 125g into a Tropheus tank. I have a beautiful group of Duboisi that breed just enough to keep me in little spotty babies :D

However, fate took a twist and the tank sprung a tiny leak. The front right seal apparently pulled away just enough to cause a tiny leak, but it was enough to make me to drain and reseal the tank.....so the Trophs got moved and I had the 125g available once again. Couldn't handle it. A year is too long....I let it settle, get reseeded and established, then I picked up 6 3" clowns :mrgreen:

I ended up adopting 3 more, and my entire group has returned :):) Yep, I'm a happy camper :wink:

Anyway, just wanted to say "HI" to all you fine folks and express my joy :D

I have a couple questions, but I'll post them seperately ;)

Colin clown loach

Post by Colin clown loach » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:24 pm

Hello, I am new to your forums but have been using the info from the loaches on line website since I started with loaches.

Its like I have been reading the websites advice and admiring the photos and now actually chatting with the oricles of knowledge, I am truly in awe.

Love the photo of Albert, I wish my loaches were so tame.
180 gal
13 clown loach medium 2-4", 1 clown loach large 5" 10 clown loach small >2", 4 zebra loach >2", 1 gold nugget plec 3", Snowball plec 3", 1 hop catfish 3".

mamaschild

Post by mamaschild » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:31 pm

Colin clown loach wrote:Hello, I am new to your forums but have been using the info from the loaches on line website since I started with loaches.

Its like I have been reading the websites advice and admiring the photos and now actually chatting with the oricles of knowledge, I am truly in awe.

Love the photo of Albert, I wish my loaches were so tame.
Well, you can consider many of the fine folks here as Oracles, but I'm just a fanatic ;)

Thanks for the compliments on Albert :D I SURE miss him. Teaching them to hand feed is easy, but can take time. Having other less timid fish is always a plus. I have a couple small severums that have been eating from my fingers. The new clowns watched for weeks, then decided I wasn't gonna grab them, I guess. Just the last couple weeks they have started nibbling from my fingers and I couldn't be happier :lol:

chefkeith

Post by chefkeith » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:50 pm

Congrats on getting new loaches.

Joe Khul

Post by Joe Khul » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:08 pm

yeah, what chefkeith said :!: :lol:
Kuhli Loaches are like Pringles... you can't have just one!

helen nightingale

Post by helen nightingale » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:20 pm

its good to see you about again :D

slick666

Post by slick666 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:23 pm

Congratulations on the new tank. 125 Gallon must be wonderful. Pictures would be appreciated. I would like to see it.
Got to Love the Loaches

mamaschild

Post by mamaschild » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:17 pm

Thanks everyone and good to see ya'll again, too :D I really missed this place...and my Loaches ;)

I will get some pics posted for ya'll to see. Unfortunately my work blocks Photobucket (and just about everything else :? ) so I have to do it from home. That means I can't even see the pics that are posted here by everyone from work.....I wanna quit ;)

The 125g has been around here for a few years, hence the leak, I assume? Probably didn't help that I stacked a hundred pounds of rock in it :roll: But, the reseal is holding great with no issues at all. Took a bit of time and effort, but WELL worth it to save the cost of having someone else do it, OR buying another tank :lol:

Ashleigh

Post by Ashleigh » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:16 pm

Glad to see that your back with some new loach friends 8)

Looking foward to pic's of the new family members :wink:

Ashleigh

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:26 pm

Great to see you back here Shari, and even better to hear you got more loaches. 8)

Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

mamaschild

Post by mamaschild » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:59 pm

Hi Emma :D Good to see you are still doing the good work in the UK ;)

And good to see you too, Ashleigh :)

I'm so glad to be back....now, gotta get those pics :lol: