Mini LOL meet-up? (20th Feb)

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

helen nightingale

Post by helen nightingale » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:39 am

fortunately on my computer the sound and vidoes are playing up, so i cant hear how awfull i sound, but i dont know how nuch i need to punish Les for postihng them...

Les is definately King of Gadgets, we were quite surprised when Ems got a phone call and was told there were already photos on line, when we hadnt realised he had even taken any. very cheeky, is Les :lol:

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:52 am

Martin Thoene wrote:The vids make it all more three-dimensional and real. Seeing stuff from the pub would have been a giggle with sound and movement I bet.
You don't want to go there!!!! :shock: :lol:
Martin Thoene wrote:Em, with that bright waistcoat you just needed to borrow Hel's glasses for mega-impact. Am I wrong in thinking everyone who was there in 2006 put on a little weight since then EXCEPT you Emma? I know I have.
Well that's cheered me up, but somehow methinks your eyes are deceiving you!!
My top wasn't a waistcoat, it just had red and black velvet animal print on the body with black sleeves. No-one realised the hood had bat ears on it, so I got away without having it pulled over my head all night!! :lol:

I still have a feeling that more photos may be lurking somewhere, particularly one involving the chocolate covered marshmallow fish. :?

Thank you to everyone for such wonderful comments about the shop, I am glad that you are able to get a feeling for what it's like from the vids. :D

Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

helen nightingale

Post by helen nightingale » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:31 pm

i havent quite finished the film in my camera. why didnt i remember more batteries for the digital camera :(

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:42 pm

You had a camera???? :shock: I thought it was just your phone! You and Les are stealthy!

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:43 pm

Emma, i think Susan has the embarrassing picture of two people attempting to eat a large choc fish whole! :o (silly billys..lol)

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:47 pm

*goes into hiding*

helen nightingale

Post by helen nightingale » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:49 pm

there is a comment i could make to that, but this is a moderated forum, so i had better not :lol:

LES..

Post by LES.. » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:28 pm

helen nightingale wrote:fortunately on my computer the sound and vidoes are playing up, so i cant hear how awfull i sound, but i dont know how nuch i need to punish Les for postihng them...
I don't think i have you talking in any of the videos so i might just get away without the punishment (-:

Some more loach pictures:

Jim Powers

Post by Jim Powers » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:30 pm

Great pics!
What is the third fish down? Looks like one of the Homaloptera Orthogoniata group but without the saddles.

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:34 pm

It's a small juvenile Homaloptera zollingeri Jim, and it's small! Les has done well to capture a high quality picture of it.

Jim Powers

Post by Jim Powers » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:38 pm

That's interesting.It doesn't look anything like a zollingeri to me. Its not got the characteristic black lower caudal fin...but that appears to be developing. It must be a very young fish, indeed.

mickthefish

Post by mickthefish » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:39 pm

great pics Les, you've made me start thinking of getting an slr now.

mick

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:19 pm

That one actually came in as one of many small H. confuzona, which were originally ordered as large H. orthogoniata. (don't ask....).

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:06 pm

mickthefish wrote:great pics Les, you've made me start thinking of getting an slr now.

mick
Mick, Les let me have a good play around with his Nikon SLR D80 when we went for coffee Saturday lunchtime, it's absolutely amazing and I hope to purchase one soon myself. 8)

Emma

mickthefish

Post by mickthefish » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:12 pm

Em you better start saving for the attachments they don't come cheap, a macro lens is gonna set you back at least 400 for a decent one and the flash unit again is over a ton.
at first i'm gonna get the basic setup of chassis and lens my mate can get me the two for 260 quid then in time i'll buy the rest bit by bit.

mick