Mini LOL meet-up? (20th Feb)

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

Doc

Post by Doc » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:26 pm

I'll have to check my rota but I may be free for this one and have some fundage for purchasing some stock. I'll know nearer the time. I'll get planning.
So many species of fish yet so little time, space and money to keep them all...

plaalye

Post by plaalye » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Yeah I'm wishing I could afford a plane ticket too soulhugger! It would be great fun to meet you all and spend time in a Emmas' shop. Hope you will take pics and post them!

daspricey

Post by daspricey » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:18 pm

Hi everyone,

Wow! Not so mini, the more the merrier. :D
David, I will reserve all the fish you asked for in your PM. Very Happy
Thank you! :)
Are you sure about the 20th? It's a Friday. It's not impossible but does mean taking a day off work
Half term holiday, being a Friday i was worried not many will be able to make it. Wrong there. :lol: :D

Looking forward to hopefully meeting you all!

David

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:00 pm

Mad Duff wrote:
Emma Turner wrote:What they mean is they have to ask their wives if they are allowed first. :P :lol:
Thats not very nice Emma, I am my own man and can do what I want when I want........Joy said so :lol:
This Emma Lady (note the lady) is being very Un-Lady like with her comments..... :wink:

(Mark, it's up to you to mate. All is good with me, i have a new bed in the Doghouse.)

helen nightingale

Post by helen nightingale » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:53 pm

i would like to come, but as yet i am not sure if i can. it will have to be a last minute decision for me. if i make it i make it.

i have no money for fish buying, but emma has got a load of fish she has been tempting me with, so i need to go and see what to turn my 1 spare 2 foot tank into.

if i make it, remind me i need some silica glue stuff!

KhuliKhilla

Post by KhuliKhilla » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:40 pm

snap decision - as the person who needs to book time off (Palaeodave being a student can ponce about as he wishes) i will be there. i think some more rasbora are called for to beef up the shoal i have or perhaps some friends for the lone rasbora i brought home last time. .

see you then

:P

palaeodave

Post by palaeodave » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:51 pm

KhuliKhilla wrote:(Palaeodave being a student can ponce about as he wishes)
Hello, hello. What's going on? What's all this lying? We'll have no poncing here.

Go with the Rasbora ennealepis, Lee. Do you think you'll have any in at that point, Emma?
"Science is a lot like sex. Sometimes something useful comes of it, but that’s not the reason we’re doing it" ー R Feynman

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:43 am

Graeme Robson wrote:This Emma Lady (note the lady) is being very Un-Lady like with her comments..... :wink:

(Mark, it's up to you to mate. All is good with me, i have a new bed in the Doghouse.)
I aint forgotten all that Fish Mistress business yet, you know! :P

This meet up should be a good 'un. 8) Let's start a petition to make sure Hels turns up. She is flying back from New Zealand the day before, so we will have to ply her with cups of strong coffee. :wink:

Dave, I don't think we have many R. ennealepis left. I will check and let you (or Lee) know. We have plenty of other beautiful Rasboras in at the moment though, so there should be a good choice. I can probably get more R. ennealepis in if need be though.

I will apologise in advance if the big loach display tank isn't looking it's best. I am trying to wangle getting a fish system put in in it's place as due to the dimensions it is a nightmare of a tank to keep looking good and there is only so much money we can justify throwing at it. Not to mention I desperately need more room in the shop for more trops.

Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

palaeodave

Post by palaeodave » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:40 am

Emma Turner wrote: Dave, I don't think we have many R. ennealepis left. I will check and let you (or Lee) know. We have plenty of other beautiful Rasboras in at the moment though, so there should be a good choice. I can probably get more R. ennealepis in if need be though.
It's just that when Lee bought a group of R. dorsiocellata he ended up with one in there by accident, so wants to get it some company. It sort of schools with the others but also spends a lot of time on its own.
"Science is a lot like sex. Sometimes something useful comes of it, but that’s not the reason we’re doing it" ー R Feynman

KhuliKhilla

Post by KhuliKhilla » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:48 am

hmm... if you have R ennalepis in i will get some of them, but dont order any especially in on my account. you have other nice Rasboras in you say? :) cant wait

Mad Duff

Post by Mad Duff » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:59 am

Graeme Robson wrote: (Mark, it's up to you to mate. All is good with me, i have a new bed in the Doghouse.)
I probably will have a run through Graeme, if push come to shove I can sleep in my shed :lol: :lol:
Emma Turner wrote: I aint forgotten all that Fish Mistress business yet, you know! :P
I was going to get that picture put on T-shirts :lol:

Pardon my honesty - I am a Northerner

14 loach species bred, which will be next?

mickthefish

Post by mickthefish » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:19 am

Mark, just take cash and leave the plastic perils at home. :wink:

mick

Mad Duff

Post by Mad Duff » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:23 am

mickthefish wrote:Mark, just take cash and leave the plastic perils at home. :wink:

mick
What I spend wont be the problem Mick its the fact that I will probably say I have to set up another tank that will get me in trouble :lol:

Pardon my honesty - I am a Northerner

14 loach species bred, which will be next?

JonAtBas

Post by JonAtBas » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:54 pm

130 miles mmm ive driven further for a fish... Likewise i probably wont have much money to buy more than a ton!!!!! of fish haha... Mind you if i ask nicely we could do internal transfers hehe...if i ask really, really nicely????
PLEASE DON'T TAP THE GLASS!!!!

LeStat

Post by LeStat » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:14 pm

Giz a lift then Jon?
250 Gallon, 8 Modesta, 2 Plec, 2 Catfish & a shoal of 17 Clown loach.