First time eating shrimp video

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

jwyfk

First time eating shrimp video

Post by jwyfk » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:34 pm

This is the first time these guys have seen shrimp. It was filmed this evening with my old 5.1 MP digital camera, so the quality isn't that great, and the batteries died. I should've moved the light strip up front, and the fake plants are too short, because they're from my old tank, and bent from the water flow. Anyway, all the loaches really enjoyed it. I have Clowns, Yoyos, Kubotais, Darios, and Rostratas. I got rid of most of my Rainbowfish. I'm tempted to buy some Electric Blue Jack Dempseys for a change. The Striatas have been evicted for bad behavior. :evil:

Emma Turner

Post by Emma Turner » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:32 am

What are you on about jwyfk, that's a great video! 8) I think you can safely say that shrimp is a big hit with your loaches.

Emma
East of the Sun, West of the Moon.

chefkeith

Post by chefkeith » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:06 pm

Ok, you've spoiled them now. They'll be demanding cocktail shrimp a few times per week. Great video.

santos

Post by santos » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:38 pm

Is that Family guy in the back ground ?

jwyfk

Post by jwyfk » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:31 pm

Thanks for the nice comments, I appreciate it! These fish eat better than I do, but it's really fun to watch them enjoy something completely foreign to them.

santos,
Yes, that was Family Guy, LOL. I'm surprised it picked up that much of the sound, but it wasn't intentional. It is funny to hear Stewie say "It's here! The uranium lab is in here!" just as the Clown Loaches approach. I put the camera on a tripod and let it film while watching TV.

mickthefish

Post by mickthefish » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:39 pm

it's a great vid mate, that male lacustris is a good looker as are the clowns. 8)

mick

jwyfk

Post by jwyfk » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:33 pm

Thanks, Mick. I got rid of all but one male and one female Lacustris, because there was too much fighting. I had a 55 gallon with Herbertaxelrodis and Lacustris that I combined with my Boesmanis in a separate 120 gallon tank. Once I put plants in, they beat each other up to the point where they were injuring each other. I'm almost starting over, and either want to keep several species of Rainbows, or as I mentioned above, get some Electric Blue Jack Dempseys.