Getting my 55gl anyday, yippy!

The forum for the very best information on loaches of all types. Come learn from our membership's vast experience!

Moderator: LoachForumModerators

lf11casey

Post by lf11casey » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:18 pm

Here, finally is the pic I promised. Sorry it took so long, between mother-in-law and a friend going to the hospital and poor Rast having to go to the vet and getting more then half his tail amputated it has been rather hectic here and I forgot. Since I got the camera out to take pics of the pleco fry, check FW if you to see them, I took a quick pic of the new loachy tank, it didn't come out very well but gives general idea. The tank is not totally finished, I still want to add a couple more hygros to the back but have to wait for the ones in my other tank to grow out some more to take some cuttings. Also thinking about picking up some of the smaller crypts to put in front of the driftwood. I did end up taking out all the sand and getting CaribSea's All Naturals Peace River to put in there instead.
I still need to pic up the other striplight for the tank. Once I get that and some more plants I'll take some more pics for ya.
Casey
Water is the substance from which life is born. (Mortal Kombat)
For beneath the surface, lies the future. (SeaQuest DSV)

loachmom

Post by loachmom » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:51 pm

It's looking good, Casey. :) I like that black stand.

Graeme Robson

Post by Graeme Robson » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:01 am

Very nice indeed!! 8)

Keith Wolcott

Post by Keith Wolcott » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:48 am

Yes, it is looking good. Your plants are very nice. I think that I am going to have to get some more plants. Your tank and others keep tempting me even if the loaches will eventually destroy them.

mickthefish

Post by mickthefish » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:36 am

Keith, just gey a few big clumps of java-fern, my loaches seem ok with it and when they do go on the rampage, the fern is quick to replenish it's leaves, until the next time.
don't get Anubias all i have left are two stalks about 8 inches long they totally destroyed the leaves within a day and any new leaves they just keep cropping them. :cry:

mick
never take people at face value.

Keith Wolcott

Post by Keith Wolcott » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:00 am

Mick- I am sure that you are right. I do have Java fern and it is growing well, but the variety in Casey's tank and other's tanks is making me want to add a few of the other types of plants.

lf11casey

Post by lf11casey » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:55 pm

Thanks everyone.
The anubias and java fern have been with the loaches for more then a year. When I set this tank up I moved those plants over with the fish also. The loaches have never bothered the anubias. I started with 2 small cuttings from another tank and the loaches have never touched them so they have had a chance to get large. I've never tried hygro with them before so we'll see how they do with it, so far so good. Also no problems with the crypts either.
Casey
Water is the substance from which life is born. (Mortal Kombat)
For beneath the surface, lies the future. (SeaQuest DSV)